Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Cheated...but I Lost

Round 2, Day 8....20 Days Remaining

Starting Weight:            194 (+3.4 load weight)
Today's Weight
:            190.2

Yesterday's Weight:     191.4
Released:                        1.2 pounds

Week One Released:    2.6 lbs (+3.4 load weight) 6 pounds total
Week Two Released:    1.2 lbs 

I cheated yesterday.  My sisterwife had the day off from work and she took my kids out for four and a half hours.  I didn't know what to do with myself.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've been alone in my house for more than an hour in the last 4 years.  I ate my lunch (taco salad...hamburger and romaine) and then I lit some candles and turned on some music.  I wanted to read...but I cleaned the windows instead.  Then I moped the floors, vacuumed and cleaned a couple bathrooms. I even texted my husband and tried to get him to come home for a little Afternoon Delight.....

I finally sat down to watch The Young and The Restless but I kept jumping up to clean or organize something.  I think I have a problem.....

Then, I ate a 1/2 cup of Golden Grahams. It was soooo good.  Then when Bobbi got back she brought more candy into my house and I had a couple jelly beans.  I was so mad at myself and my punishment was a dinner that consisted of one hardboiled egg.

It's a miracle I lost anything today....maybe the damage won't show up until tomorrow.  The other good news is that I've lost another 1/2 inch in my hips, waist, (*)(*), thighs and a little more in my upper arm. 

Oh, and last night....another migraine!  Why is this happening?  Last round I had ZERO migraines.  Well, I had one but it was towards the end.

Another issue here that I'm trying to work out....why didn't I know what to do without my kids in the house.  Why did I panic and want to clean instead of reading a book or taking a nap or something FOR ME? What the hell is wrong with me?

10 comments:

  1. I hope you don't get too many more headaches - those are so annoying!

    Congrats on the loss!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to switch out of mommy gear. I view free time as time to clean if I stay at home. Next time, get out of the house, go to a bookstore or something. You can't clean there! ;)

    Congrats on the loss.

    Have you ever tried keeping a food diary? Migraines are so often related to food allergy. I had horrible headaches before I found out I had Celiac's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back when I first got migraines (age 16)....I got them because of too much caffeine and chocolate. :)

    The last 10 years I've only gotten them right before TOM and they were hormone related. Yesterday was my injection skip day so it's possible it's because I didn't get my daily shot. But I've had 4 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Fit Mommy, get out of the house next time. Left to my own devices I would eat :) or sit in front of the computer reading blogs - because I never can seem to find the time for that anymore :( I hope your migraines go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, migraines are the WORST! Hope those go away in a hurry. And I'm sorry you couldn't contain the cleaning. That would be me. That *is* me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well....looks like I'm not the only one with a problem!! I'm in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I don't have kids I don't have that problem but I think that when you have so little time for yourself for so long you have to learn to entertain yourself again or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran...that's makes perfect sense. I need to make a list of things to do when this situation comes up again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you go to your husband's work next time? wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  10. I promise, all of us have been in this situation before. I'm hardly ever left alone at home either. When I am, I have no clue what to do...except clean the house or get on the computer which is senseless b/c I can do that when the kids are home. lol. So, I usually opt to go out rather than stay home. If I leave the house, then I'm forced to do something fun. I will say, I kinda like getting caught up with stuff when the fam isn't around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!