My 6 year old son no longer eats french fries even when they are offered to him because they aren't healthy and he was really confused when the doctors office gave him a piece of candy after an appointment. Alex has such a tender heart and has been so concerned about the health of his Daddy. We've assured him that these changes will help Keith live longer, that he is working with his doctor and that he doesn't have to worry.
I'd like to publicly apologize again to my husband for not giving him instructions for the flax seed I put in his lunch box. I intended for him to put it in his yogurt and he ended up adding water to it and drinking it. For Three Days!! I've got to give him props for eating (and or drinking) everything I put in front of him.
The results of our three months of being coached by Leslie are amazing, as far as I'm concerned. Let's see if I can put them into bullet points because that's how I like to do things!
- We doubled the amount of vegetables and fruit that we eat.
- We drastically reduced the amount of sugar in our diet.
- We're more active.
- We're eat out less and make much better choices when we do.
- We reduced our serving sizes and size of our plates.
- My 6 year old son lost 5 pounds and his pants fit so much better!
- My husband lost 10 pounds and he has less ailments!
- My daughter is sleeping so much better. She didn't have any weight to lose. :)
- I lost and gained the same 3 pounds, but I lost a couple inches.
- I've stopped buying candy and hiding it in my coffee cupboard.
We feel better and know that we're on a good track now! We have goals for the summer to explore eating more vegetables, being regular visitors to the farmer's market and being active as a family. Keith and I will also be having blood work done again in May to see how it's really effecting our overall health.
Thank you Leslie for coaching my family and giving us the tools we needed to make these important changes!
|Keith and Me with my Dad|
If you would like to contact Leslie Gail to assist you with your goals you can find her at New Life Focus, on twitter @gr8lifecoach, and on facebook. You don't have to live in Colorado to use her services. She can Skype with you anywhere in the world.