Monday, September 12, 2011

Gluten Binge

My birthday was yesterday.

On Saturday, my husband took me out for any meal I wanted.

I wanted Mexican.  A burrito....with beans, cheese, guacamole and sour cream. 

I also wanted a Margarita.

Then we went to an Italian Festival and I had Sangria and Chianti and a Chocolate Cream filled Cannoli.

There is probably a rule that you shouldn't drink so many beverages that end in a vowel.

Yesterday....I ate the rest of my Mexican meal and then instead of cake, because I don't like cake.  I had a Java Chiller from Sonic.

I have never felt so sick in my whole life.   I was in a gluten coma!

And then I went to a coffee shop this morning and ate a bagel sandwich.  Because I figured if I was already in bad shape...it wouldn't hurt.

That breakfast sandwich was worth it all.  I should have just had the sandwich and skipped all of the other crap.

I'm back on my Paleo/Gluten Free (but with Dairy) plan as of 10am this morning.

This proves without a doubt that Paleo/Gluten Free is the life for me!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it takes a while to realize that Paleo eating isn't a punishment...it actually just makes you feel better!

    Good for you for figuring it out quickly! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you has a great birthday!

    I had the same realization last weekend. Grains and chemicals don't like me. Ugh!

    I have a pumpkin spice paleo creamer recipe up on my site, come take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is tough especially when you love all kinds of stuff with Gluten in it. I eat gluten free pretty much all week. I occasionally will have a piece of real bread but if it's only once, it doesn't bother my stomach, but if I have a few days where i eat gluten, my stomach revolts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny ... that's the diet we have kind of stumbled upon. Definitely gluten free. Trying to incorporate almond flour/Paleo-type recipes in my diet ... but totally okay with good cheeses and chocolate. Have you seen the coconut milk creamer in the stores? I've been using that for the past two weeks ... even though I didn't mind using half-and-half in my coffee with our diet changes, I thought I would give that creamer a shot. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!