Friday, September 16, 2011

Reason Number 28

that GLUTEN is evil.

I've gone 2 months....mostly gluten free.

This last week....has been a gluten nightmare.  I've eaten more of that crap then I care to admit with the last free for all being a never ending pasta bowl because someone sent my husband a gift card to Olive Garden for his birthday.

It was really good and I enjoyed it very much.

But today....two days later.  I'm having the worst migraine.  The kind that requires laying down in a dark, quiet room....except that I have two kids and there is nothing dark or quiet about my apartment right now.

This could be my ultimate reason for really quitting gluten forever.

Without gluten in my life....I went TWO MONTHS without a migraine.  That hasn't happened in 15 years.

Goodbye gluten....FOREVER!

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya girl! And there are so many great websites/cookbooks out there so it doesn't feel like torture to avoid gluten. It's amazing how horrible I feel after eating gluten now ... I really didn't think it was the cause of my ulcer pain, constipation and all the other crap I've dealt with for most of my life. Turns out, it was gluten all along!! Grr ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried quinoa pasta? I think it's an excellent substitute and it's GF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome that you were able to figure out what caused the migraines and know what to avoid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!