Saturday, June 29, 2013

I Ordered Salad

My dear friend Helle is back in Denver for a two month visit!  She was my best friend's Au Pair a year ago and she's come back from Denmark for a vacation.  I'm so happy she's back and can't wait to hang out with her the rest of the summer!



We went out to dinner last night and sitting with my two beautiful friends, I looked at my menu a little more closely.  They are both super healthy and active so I decided to forgo my usual Grown Up Mac and Cheese (too many carbs man!) and instead decided to order a salad.

I never, ever order salad.

I ordered the half Santa Fe Chicken Salad (lettuce, black beans, corn, avocado, creamy spicy dressing) and I loved it!  I didn't know that salad could taste this good and now I want more.  Granted....the dressing was probably high in calories but there were healthy things in there and I didn't feel like crap after I ate.

BONUS!!

Do you ever order salad when you go out to eat? 


Wanna see what I got in my first CSA basket?  Click here.

2 comments:

  1. Being Celiac I always end up with a salad. LOL

    You can get a low carb burger at most places (wrapped in lettuce), salad, grilled steak and vegetables, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a vegetarian, so I always end up with a Salad, and even though its creamy dressing an all I still love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!