Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chasing the Wagon


If I had a dollar for each time I have fallen off the wagon and then chased it, trying to get back on. I have succeeded a couple times. Most of these times where when I was completely single and had tons of time to work out and I ate small amounts of food because I didn't have to cook for anyone.

Of course, I now have a husband and TWO toddlers. AND I'm 38 years old. Losing weight is harder than ever and if I don't tackle it now....before I turn 40.....

My daughter's 2nd birthday was Monday and my husband was running the video camera. When I played it back....OMG! I just keep getting bigger! Watching The Biggest Loser is also a huge motivation for me and last nights episode showed them running a half marathon.

I want to run so badly! When I see people running....I want to do it too. How great must that feeling be. Have you seen the movie My Best Friend's Girl? Kate Hudson runs alot in that movie and I was so jealous of her.

So I got up early this morning and got on the Elliptical machine....trying to catch the wagon.

Then I read a post that was like an answer to my prayers. I found out that Amber is forming a support group and it is just what I need.

This time.....I will do this. I CAN do this.

EXTREME MAKEOVER.....ME!


{ae filkins}

7 comments:

  1. Isn't this great!!! I'm not sure if I was supposed to post the questions or not, lol! Can't wait for all of us to support each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie-I am so proud of you for being so open, you certainly are keeping it real!! You might be more brave than I am. I haven't followed through with weight loss like I need to either. All part of the new journey! Can't wait to spend more time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to meet you, and we can all become HOT together!! Love how you are so open...I would love to run, I think! OR..maybe I would just like to look cute while running instead of jiggly!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Baby...let's get Hot!! I look forward to doing this together!! I secretly want to be a runner too. I just can't seem to get it. I run for about 10 - 15 mins. then that's it...I'm done. What's up with that?

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Connie, I am so thankful that you are here! I agree 110% about how much easier it was when we were single and without a bunch of mouths to feed. I keep telling my husband that one of the struggles for me, is making healthy food for dinners, and hoping that every one likes it, instead of doing the hamburgers & mac n cheese and stuff. We eat pretty healthy overall at dinners, but not good enough. That's changing. I'm just making small steps. They seem to be adjusting fine.

    Seriously, thank you so much for sharing your heart and being so honest. You've touched my heart, and I'm glad that little group came at such a great time for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I love the title of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is so hard to stay on track as a mom with little ones! Just make small changes and keep motivated. You CAN do this!! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!