Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Wore Shorts

I wore shorts outside of the house today.

I think the last time I did this was 2006. Maybe 2005.

I wore shorts outside of the house and they didn't ride up.

This feels like the most amazing feat in the world!!

I've gained a little weight and I leave for a fabulous 6 day vacation to San Francisco in one week. I know I'm going to eat lots of yummy things that I don't normal eat and I'm going to drink alcohol every day.

I've also been really bad about eating low carb. I've been horrible about it actually.

So...this whole week (starting with LUNCH* tomorrow) I'm going to eat low/no carb and try to de-bloat and de-tox in preparation for my vacation and hopefully my clothes will fit a little better by then.

This is going to be quite a feat because TOM should be here tomorrow. I'm going to resist him and the allure of carbs/chocolate/wine and I'm going to guzzle water instead.

Each day I'll be posting my weight and food journal.

Wish me luck!

*LUNCH because I'm making french toast for my family for Memorial Day Breakfast.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy SF to the fullest! While they have some amazing food diversity, I couldn't imagine spending 6 days there free of indulgences.

    Sounds like a good plan to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun going on - I bet you will walk so much in SF that you won't notice the ill effects of the food and drink very much at all!!

    Enjoy the french toast tomorrow - sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I bet the allure of wearing clothes that fit will get your thru this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the shorts! I bet that's a nice feeling :) Have a great Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try drinking green tea throughout the day. I start with coffee then switch. It might help...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!