Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Thoughts on hCG Diet

ABC4 in Utah did a story about the hCG diet a few nights ago. They showed people that have had great success...better success than me in fact and they were raving about the diet and the clinic that they went to.

Then they had this nutritionist from the University of Utah that said that this diet starves the weight off and that is very dangerous.

I can tell you from my experience BEING pregnant and overweight and my experience doing the injections of the hCG diet that I was not starving and my body burned fat in places that I've NEVER been able to lose it. My back, my neck, my BUTT and my legs.

These area's are still smaller even though I've gained back 8 pounds due to TOM (I really need to get a handle on him) and my recent oral surgery.

You can and will lose the weight on this diet. The KEY is that you MUST watch what you eat when you are done or the pounds will creep back on. I'm also living proof to that.

If you really want the full scoop on this diet and how I did...go through my archives starting at the end of December. I tried to post as much as I could and I was very honest with what I was going through and my thoughts.

This diet wasn't super easy for me, it was hard to break some old habits and I'm still struggling with that. But for me it was the answer I was looking for.

8 comments:

  1. To each her own. Different things work for different people. At the end of the day, there is no shame in admitting that you need some extra help. That your body needs some medical assistance when diet and exercise alone just are not cutting it. And, it's not like you went and bought your hGC off the black market - and were doing the injections unbeknown to your doctor.

    And, I for one, am grateful that you shared your weight loss journey with all of us. So many of us that are over weight are so ashamed of the way we feel and the way that we look that we hide what we are doing to make a change and how we are feeling as we are making those changes. I found what you did to be inspiring - so inspiring that I in fact finally made a doctors appointment of my own and am now getting help losing weight via a prescription weight loss pill.

    So, THANK YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked this diet, no matter what anyone says! Don't worry about TOM you'll get it back off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the key, along with every other diet is not going back to old habits once you're off of it. There's no way one can stick to the HcG diet in real life... so its' not really teaching you much per se...
    But it sure does work!
    {found you on blogher}

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did so well and your blog is a great source of reference for all of us taking that path! In fact, when I google HCG stuff, your blog is often on the first page or two of results!

    You'll get those 8lbs off and your cautionary tale shows me how close I will need to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was wonderful following your progress, Connie. You were generous to share so candidly with all of us. Congratulations on your hard work! I think you're beautiful just the way you are. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to your site, but I'm starting my HCG protocol mid June. I'm so glad you chose to share your journey, so many of the HCG blogs I visit are all about ads and not so much about people's personal experiences. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one piece of info that I didn't see in your blog was how much this cost and how to choose a reputable clinic? I know there are a lot of fly-by-night places out there. If I'm going to do this, I need to find a place that isn't going to kill me (financially or otherwise!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Few month ago i start taking hcg drops and really am very satisfied with the result. I am loosing weight very fast and am so happy now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!