Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Running, Yoga and Chakras...Oh My

Another week....another 12 mile challenge! Heather is already kicking my butt because she ran 5 miles last night! And we have a new challenger this week....Danielle! She's also kicking my butt...with her 3 mile run a few days ago.  We're competing for a Starbucks Gift Card!




Have I told you how much I love my Nike+ App? Everything time you do better...be it faster, farther or whatever...a celebrity's voice comes on a the end of your workout and congratulates you! I love it!

I'm also still working on my Yoga Challenge with Joanna, Heather, Nicole and Lynda.  I wanted this to a mind-body experience so I bought an app for my iPhone to assist me.   The Chakra Deck and it helps you focus on your different Chakra's and bring them back into alignment.  There is also a *card* for meditation with each Chakra.  I haven't been using it as much as I'd hoped so I'm going to set an alarm on my phone to remind me to do it.

This week...The Root Chakra!

The Root Chakra deals with our basic survival skills.  Food, shelter, health and security.  This Chakra is at the base of the spine.

Signs of unbalanced 1st Chakra:

Emotional or mental issues: feelings of fear, anxiety, worry, depression, disconnection and low self esteem.

Physical Issues: lower back pain, constipation, obesity

Common Addictions: food and alcohol

A balanced 1st chakra brings feelings of safety, belonging and connection with others. A feeling of being at home in one's body.

Activities that support a balanced Root Chakra are yoga, running and gardening.

4 comments:

  1. You're doing so good, I love that you keep challenging yourself with friends - great motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you're doing so good on the challenge. I love yoga but unfortunately there are no classes in my gym. And I don't like working out at home. I do go to Pilates and love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not one of the mystical voo doo healing (joking), but when I'm gardening I do feel better. Like that connection with the Earth just brings about this peace. I totally need to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing way better than me...my exercise today consisted of spending a couple hours at Walmart...oh joy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!