Thursday, October 7, 2010

Walking Challenge & Just Say No

I have a friend named Heather and she has lost almost 50 pounds! Over the summer she'd walk in her rural neighborhood and she's been eating good things and the weight is coming off.

We are both freaking out about winter coming. She lives in Upstate New York and from what I've heard from her it is is already chilly there. The girl is wearing argyle socks to work!

Heather's friend Joanna challenged us both to a Yoga challenge for the month of October and I was so excited because I've been wanting to do yoga. More about this challenge in another post...I promise. Here's our challenge blog.

I also issued Heather a walking challenge. 12 miles by Sunday. Here's how I'm doing.




I woke up at 5am this morning....like I've been doing lately because there is a dog that keeps barking.  I was on a mission to find him....and I did.  Here is video of me finding the dog....it contains profanity...just letting you know.

I also struggled because I had a donut stuck in my gut.  That's right...I had a donut last night and it's the Food Nazi's fault.



I'm taking a stand! No more donuts!

5 comments:

  1. I know you will get those 12 miles in - good job, having friends and goals helps so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am new here and am now following your blog. It is so inspiring to meet others striving to be healthier. Please feel free to pop by my blog sometime. I am new and would love another follower!

    I know how you feel. I was grocery shopping and saw someone eating a crispy cream donut - ugh I wanted it SOOO BAD
    http://losingoverhalfofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower and enjoy your blog. I am cracking up over your "finding Cujo" video! I hope you can get that dog quieted. Let us know how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I told you how much I love you today? Because, really, I do! You rock!
    And, I am only wearing my Argyle socks, because I could find a pair of socks with stripes that went with the hidious green sweater I am wearing today. I LOVE striped socks. LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool challenge!

    You can stil walk in Winter, yes you might have to walk in the rain or the snow but nothing is impossible.

    Last year we had a lot of snow here (which we are not used too) and I didn't run but this year (as they predict either heavy rain or snow in Winter) I will not let that hold me back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!