Monday, March 4, 2013

I Only Lose Weight in my Face

I can't seem to get the scale to move in the direction that I want it to move, especially this week.  It's Denver Restaurant Week and we had reservations at two amazing places. It's been quite a lesson in how eating healthy makes you feel, as opposed to eating rich, heavy food.

We had cajun Tuesday night.  It all tasted so good and we were beyond stuffed when we left.  We didn't sleep well and felt terrible the next day. I spent the next two days eating tons of veggies....my body craved them after the that I'd put it through.

Saturday night, we had a date night at Lola in the Highland area of Denver.  We started at a wine bar where we shared a cheese tray.  Small amounts of delicious cheese, figs and nuts. Lola is coastal mexican and the servings are small.  We had ceviche, a seafood enchilada and shared spiced chocolate flan. Everything was light and fresh and we weren't stuffed.  We also shared a tequila flight!  What a treat!



I remarked about how in the past, we would frequently eat the heavy and rich meal but now because we've been eating differently, we crave the smaller, fresh options.  We really could have done without the cheese course but we both love cheese and wine, so we took the opportunity.

During our meal, my husband took my picture and I noticed something amazing.  I'm losing weight in my face!  It's noticeably thinner!  Why am I not losing anywhere else????? EDITED:  Took my measurements this morning.  My waist is an inch smaller.



I've also decided to make this picture my PTA President Campaign Picture.  Vote for me...or else!

My friend Jessica has challenged me to a fitness challenge and it's exactly what I need to get my butt in gear!  I'll be doing this every other day from today to March 21st.  Almost three weeks!  She took the video clips from Fitness Magazine's website and made a 15 minute video without ads and noise.




 Join us! And drop a pant size!

6 comments:

  1. Woot! Did you notice that in addition to the video exercises, you're also supposed to do one of three cardio exercises?? Don't forget about those :)

    I'm psyched and also very nervous. But, WE CAN DO THIS!!

    And I totally noticed that your face is thinner! You didn't post a picture of your ass, so I can't tell if that has shrunk or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous and I love your hair!!! I'm back on the straight and narrow today. Ate way too much this weekend but it was all fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That knife in your hand is totally cracking me up!

    That flan looks A MAZ ING! And so does your face. :)

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thnx for taking the time to talk about this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more info? It is highly helpful for me. Two thumb up for this article!
    Fat Reduction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us.
    Cosmetic Surgeon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!