Sunday, March 10, 2013

His and Her Veggies

For the last 9 years, I've been packing my husband's lunch. 

When we first moved in together, he was on a steady diet of Healthy Choice meals.  He is a creature of habit and likes what he likes.  I packed a cardboard box and a Diet Coke every day and he was very happy. 

At some point I convinced him that he should eat some real food and he took left overs from the night before.  And a Diet Coke.  

He's never been a sandwich guy. 

We moved to Utah and he was diagnosed with Diabetes.  This changed not only his lunches, but our dinners.  This is when he started eating lots of steel cut oats with a tablespoon of peanut butter on top.  He still took leftovers for lunch but they were healthy. 

Now he's moved on to greek yogurt with ground flax seed, almonds, assorted veggies, a banana and a Coke Zero.  He doesn't tolerate leftovers and we don't have many anymore.  I like making exactly 4 servings so that some people can't go back for seconds. Correct portion sizes are one of our New Years Resolutions!

I should be eating more vegetables but I don't like taking the time to cut them up.  I like to grab something easy.  Two weeks ago, it occurred to me that I should be making myself a nice container of veggies everyday at the same time that make one for iKeith.  Why didn't I think of this before? I take the time to care for everyone...but me.

But not anymore.  It takes a couple minutes more to cute up a few extra for me!



His and Her Veggies!

I accidentally packed the Hello Kitty container in his lunch the other day.  Keith was NOT impressed.  In my defense...they are both GREEN!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! We're back to low carbing too. It is sooo much easier off coffee. Coffee really was giving me ridiculous cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi, your comment about the detachable fur at Mimi's got me laughing. Too funny. Anyways, my name is Sela and it's so nice to meet you through this blogging business. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!