Friday, July 23, 2010

Chocolate Donut Epiphany


My stress level this week is at an all time high. I'm packing to move, cleaning for house showings, my Dad got drunk and threatened to kill himself and my Mom disowned me in an email.

And there is now a box of little chocolate donuts sitting in my pantry that will make everything better. NOT!

The funny thing is that I've only had a couple (okay 7) of the donuts because I realized that even if I ate the whole bag...my family was still going to be broken.  I'm tired of feeding his whole in my heart because it never makes me feel better.

I really wanted to have a drink but drinking alcohol to deal with stress when your Dad is an alcoholic just seems wrong.

I wish right now that I was a runner because I bet that would really help. Instead...I'll wash the walls and windows of my house....funny how cleaning makes me feel better.

11 comments:

  1. I totally get that feeling of just wanting to run and run and run until you melt the stress away.

    I wish I was a runner too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're having such a craptastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo on your week. Hope it gets better. You don't have to be a runner to use it as your escape - just put on your shoes and go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. I had hoped that since they came to watch your kids that things were better. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support!

    I just might go for a long walk tomorrow to work off this stress and clear my head.

    @Barb Things were better...I thought. Drama with my Dad and we wanted to force him to get help...didn't go over well with my Mom.

    I give up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will find a place within you where you can deal with it rationally - you are a strong person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hunny, that is just horrible. I don't even have any words. I just hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. **hugs** thinking of you.

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot to deal with right now. Breathe deeply (but don't pass out :o)) and know that tomorrow will bring something better.
    When I was younger I used to take my car and just drive. I'm not a runner either, so this seemed to help me but in this day and age, gas costs a lot more, so it isn't as easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That has been a stressful week for you. I can totally understand you ate those donuts, would do the same.

    As you don't run: cleaning is a good replacement to keep busy too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stress of an alcoholic parent is definitely something I can relate too. Im sorry that you are going through so much right now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!