Friday, July 9, 2010

Why I Can't Sleep

It's been 10 days since my last confession....

Am I the only weight loss blogger that feels like their blog is a confessional? 

It's 3am and I can't sleep...so much going on and so much to do.  I should have taken a sleeping pill but by the time I thought about it...it was Midnight. Oh well...I see lots of coffee in my future.

Let's see...since my last confession post, I've gone on a whirlwind trip to Denver over the 4th of July, where I ate and drank too much and gained a couple pounds.  1.5 of those have disappeared since being home but I've been doing a little bit of stress eating because....

My husband got a job offer in Denver yesterday and we have 23 days to move.

Now you know why I can't sleep.

I'm stressing out. Not just because of the huge amount of work I have ahead of me but because we were figuring out our finances last night and it's going to be tight....as in no dinners out, no coffee at Starbucks and no WINE!

Now you know why I can't sleep.

On Tuesday I was all set to post about how very close my weight keeps creeping up to the 200 mark and that I'm disgusted with myself for letting this happen.

It's time for me to get serious and make sure this DOES NOT HAPPEN.  Plus, I NEED to lose this weight I've gained because some of my new clothes aren't fitting anymore and I DO NOT have money for new ones.

So there you have it.

Why can't I be one of those people who loses weight when they are stressed out?

9 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm with you ... I gain when I get stressed, too. I did HCG and only lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks ... and gained it ALL back (and doing what I was supposed to do!). I admire that you've continued to lose and maintain nearly all you'd taken off. You'll make it through this and be wearing those close comfortably in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, You've lost more than 30 pounds. Smile, and be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you get to move home! How is the cost of living in comparison in Denver. Could you get a job at a preschool where Alex and Mallory could attend as well?

    On one income we rarely eat out, brew Starbucks at home and drink wine rarely (doesn't help weight loss anyway).
    Eat as natural as you can, buy in bulk, and only eat when hungry (that alone is saving us money as we are snackers).

    Hugs girl! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the move goes as smoothly as these things can! You will take the weight off, just take it one day at a time (if it works for the over drinkers than it works for the over eaters too!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry... Too bad stress doesn't melt the fat for you. I can't eat when I'm upset, so weight loss is a sure thing when bad things happen in my life. Although, this is an exciting time for you, Connie. I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep thinking positive thoughts! Also, may I recommend a book for you? Most libraries have it, so no expense! Intuitive Eating. It's completely changed my life and the way I think about food. Good Luck with your journey. BTW, you (and a few other bloggy friends) have inspired me to start my own weightloss blog: http://healthyfor100.blogspot.com
    Let's cheer each other on, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely do not lose when stressed...I lose my mind and gain belly...and butt...and thighs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gain when stressed, too! It stinks! 23 days is not a lot of time, but you can do that. Tightening the money belt might help you tighten your other belts, too. ;) Moving back to CO will be a great thing for you, Connie, I'm happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gain too in times of stress, so you're not alone.

    That's great news that your husband got a new job but indeed very short time till you move.

    Good luck with it all, focus on the move now and the focus on the weight will come after that. You can't do it all. You're only human.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!