Sunday, July 11, 2010

Following Your Dreams

By some miracle...I'm down to 194.8 pounds.  I'm still 5 pounds more than when I went on vacation last month to San Francisco but I'm hoping to be back to 184 by my birthday (September 11th).

That's the plan anyway.

There was some discussion the last few days that we might NOT take the new job in Denver because the prospects at iKeith's old job are looking up and if he stuck it out he could end up a manager making lots and lots of money.

We went to our favorite bar last night to hash things out.  We talked about following dreams and taking risk.  I've always been a risk taker and iKeith has always been a play it safe and don't rock the boat kind of person.

I told him that I would sacrifice anything to follow his dream.  I told him to pick the job he'd rather be doing and we'd make the rest of it work out. I told him that I needed him to live for another 35-40 years and that this job he has now is going to send him to an early grave.

And then I told him what my friend Barbi told me....that this would be a good change for us.  We don't NEED to eat McDonald's and go out to eat so much.  We don't NEED to drink so much wine, eating only when you're really hungry is cheaper and walking/hiking and parks are FREE!

This is an opportunity for us to change our lives for the better and for him to pursue his dream.  How can that be the wrong choice?

And so...after 3 beers, 2 shots of tequila and a taco....we decided to take the job.  And then we needed a ride home.


In other news...watch Oprah tomorrow if you are interested in the book I read and reviewed last month called Women, Food and God.  They are having the follow-up episode and will be discussing the book with women who have read it and are applying the principles.

7 comments:

  1. You can do this! So glad you are taking the job! You love CO, you have each other, and you'll have family close by!

    You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this new stage of your life; change can be invigorating and also motivating. Just stay focused and you will see it ALL come together; you've already proven you can let go of things when you set your mind to it to achieve your goals ... sounds like exactly what you need for this new transition. Your husband is blessed to have such a supportive wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! The hardest part is behind you [making the decision]. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Follow that dream, it's an opportunity for you and your family to make a lifestyle change too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so glad you made the decision you think is best for your family. I agree with you...you can live without the things you dont NEED in order to get the things you WANT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last summer a girlfriend of mine was in the same predicament. (Oddly enough the job offer was also in CO.) They decided to just go for it as well b/c her husband felt like it was slowly suffocating at his old job. A year later they are thrilled they took the risk!

    Btw, nice to meet you. I'm Jenn and part of the Blogher network too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!