Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Damn Pizza

About a month ago, I had my first physical in 5 years.  I'd been putting it off for a while because I was afraid.  Although I knew that I'd been making small adjustments to our diet, I knew the numbers would tell the true story.

Once you have those numbers in front of you....you can't deny what needs to be done.  You have to take action or face the consequences.  Those consequences are heart disease, cancer and DEATH.


You might think I'm being dramatic.  I might be a little bit, but the facts are that I have slightly high bad cholesterol, low good cholesterol and I'm getting close to the pre-diabetic line.  I'm also very low in Vitamin D.

The good news is that the numbers aren't so bad that they can't be corrected.  I've caught it before things get out of hand and I've done damage that can't be fixed.  Again, I'm reminded that my baby steps aren't working and it's time for drastic and dramatic change.

It's time to exercise and it's time to get my family active!

I think it's also time for me to stop eating pizza.  I had some on Friday night and I felt terrible for two days! UGH!  And I gained two pounds and I'm having trouble getting rid of it.

REVIEW Goals for Week Five:
  • Drink More Water! YES!!
  • No Wine/Beer/Vodka YES!
  • Exercise 4 Times (even if it's just dancing for 10 minutes) Just twice.
  • Write in my food journal  YES!

Starting weight:     211.6
Last week:              209 (- .8 pounds)
This week:              210.6 (+ 1.6 pounds)
TOTAL LOSS:         -1  pound

Goals for Week Six

  • Drink More Water
  • No Booze
  • Exercise 4 Times
  • Food Journal
  • Lose 2 pounds
Linking up with The Java Mama for The Biggest Loser.

TheJavaMama

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if you might benefit from doing one of those Whole 30 deals. It's a good cleanse for the body without leaving you hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such an issue with pizza. I can't seem to limit myself to just one slice so I've been avoiding it as best as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the CrossFit gym's in town is doing a Whole 30 type challenge...more like a whole 55. Starting 2/18. Anyone can join here:

    http://www.wholelifechallenge.com/wlc2013/affiliate/crossfitchuckanut

    If you want to read about the challenge and what it is click here:
    http://www.wholelifechallenge.com/wlc2013

    I'm probably going to sign up but I haven't yet. It's not MY gym, but I have plenty of friends that go there.

    You can start your own team too for $45.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, pizza is the WORST!

    Extending the invite to link up at Weighing In Weekly, if you are interested! :D

    Diana from Nanny to Mommy
    http://www.nannytomommy.com/2013/02/weighing-in-i-lost-toddler.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo for no booze! I tended to booze on Margarita's when out to dinner with the hubs, but I just don't love it like that anymore (the booze, that is) to keep on gulping. Soooo not worth the calories. Have an epic week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!