Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Wanna be a Runner

Monday afternoon I decided this is the year that I become a runner.

I then spent the next 3 hours recruiting friends,  researching 5K races, creating and naming our team's facebook group. #RunForThePils(ner)

Have I mentioned that I'm a little bit Type A?  Now, I just need to be a little bit type A with my training and pay my friends to kick my ass.

By the way, I picked the name of our team because all of the races I selected to train for...have beer at the end.  Then someone told me ALL races have beer at the end.  Why hasn't anyone ever told me this before.  I would have been a runner a long time ago if I'd know.  I'm willing to lots of things for beer!

Here are a few races that we're training for.



The Cherry Creek Sneak, April 28th 2013  A really fun 5K.  People wear costumes!



The Drop Your Drawers 5K, May 31st 2013  This is a race for charity that helps provide underwear to low income children.  What a great cause!


The Highland Running of the Bulls, July 13th 2013  This is a hoot!  Run down the street while being chased and beaten with pool noodle wielding Roller Derby Girls.



3 comments:

  1. Broaden your search parameters. Some races give you beer DURING the race around St. Patrick's Day.

    I would run for wine. Ok, I would need wine to run. Oh hell, I'll just drink wine and not run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of running for booze (not beer though, that doesn't motivate me). But I think it might make me sick. AFTER though, that would be tolerable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be a runner too! I looked up races in Denver around Oct 12th when I'll be visiting and there is a Women's ONly Mud Race! WTH! It looks fun, but VERY challenging (like, you have to scale walls and stuff...)

    You can do this! I've heard most runners when they started out say they HATED it, but now are addicted to running.

    I'm addicted to a lot of things, but unfortunately running ain't one of 'em.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!