Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just Say No...to the Pop Tarts

It's Wednesday...that means it's time for me to weigh in!

Last week: 205 pounds
This week: 206 pounds
GAIN: 1 pound

And this is the part where I tell you my excuses. I had my skin cancer surgery last week and it went well. My face still kind of hurts...not sure if that's normal....I go in this morning to have the stitches removed so I'll ask. The first day...I had a hard time eating. And then I wanted to eat everything. TOM showed up a week early and my daughter had a fever all weekend. I did a lot of stress eating.

And I bought a box of Strawberry Frosted Pop Tarts. Have you had these? I grew up eating them and they are like CRACK to me. I pass them in the store all the time, telling myself that I can't have them. If I buy a box...I somehow find myself eating them all in a matter of hours days.  Of course, I was hiding them from my family...behind the Vodka.  But yesterday I broke down after my kids refused to eat breakfast and I gave them each one.

You should have seen it.  My daughter....so smart and inquisitive, asked me what this delicious pasty was called and wanted to know what the white stuff was.  I told her all about the sugary goodness and she said 'mmmmm....I really like this'.  Well, of course you do....it's baby crack!  I fed my babies CRACK!

This week, I got an email from the gal I took the ZUMBA class from.  She is closing up shop. I told Big Pappa about it over dinner and he reminded me that he didn't think I could do it.  I corrected him and informed him that the only reason I didn't go again was because of the cost.  It was $8 per class and if I went once a week, that was almost $40 a month.  I told him I'd rather join a gym for that kind of money. He tried to tell me that gym memberships are much more than that and I disagreed. SHOCKING!   I told him it couldn't be more than $40 because I used to belong to a gym and I'm sure I paid around $30 a month.  To prove him wrong...I called Golds Gym and inquired about a membership.

That is when I found out they are having a heck of a sale right now and I could join for just $35 a month.  This place has a pool, an indoor track, daycare and classes.  I got a little bit excited thinking maybe I could join.  And then...Big Pappa said no.

He has good reasons.  When would I go? Daycare is only free for family memberships ($65) so I would have to go in the evening.  It's 7pm by the time everyone arrives home, eats and I clean up the kitchen.  7pm is when I generally crash into a heap on the couch with a glass of wine or a Skinny Cow.  And I already have a home gym...in my basement.  I have an elliptical machine and a weight machine.  So maybe he's right..

I guess it was pretty telling when the membership guy I talked to asked if I wanted to come down right then and there (7:30pm) to check it out and have a free workout and I told him I couldn't because I was watching The Biggest Loser.  But do you know what happens when someone tells me that I can't do something?  It makes me what it more and it makes me what to eat ice cream.....

So last week ended up being a lazy week.  I didn't even think about exercising.  The chances of me going for runs in the cold, dark air...have blown away like the leaves on the trees.  Plus, my little community has turned into a hot bed of crime.  Our local PD is on twitter and they report all of the crime...it's made me feel a little unsafe since many of these robberies are happening between 5-7am.  SCARY!

This week....my goal is to GET UP and use my elliptical machine 3 times. (Thursday, Monday, Wednesday) And to NOT buy anymore Pop Tarts.

Please join me for Friday Fashion Motivation! The theme is Halloween costume!  WOOT!

EDITED: I just returned from the Dr. and I can't believe this...but they didn't get it all and she had to recut my incision, remove MORE tissue and re-stitch it.  I have 5 more stitches now.  I'm so irritated because I have to go back in a week and my husband is out of town next week.   I really wanted to put this all behind me....

5 comments:

  1. Have a great week! I know what you mean with those pop tarts they are like crack. They are to addicting, but I also love them.
    Why cant they be healthy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully next week will be better!

    So sorry they had to remove more tissue...damn it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear they had to remove more tissue. I hope you can leave this behind you soon.

    Perhaps it's an idea to try to workout at home first as you already planned. If you keep that up and start to like it, perhaps you could reconsider a membership?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think working out at home is a good way to start because there's no excuse to skip a workout.

    I go to the gym, but I do cardio at home. And that works really week for me so it's worth a shot for you too..:)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evil, evil pop tarts - next time put lil' devil horns on those boxes and walk right past them. :-))

    Wow!! Gym memberships cost that much. Yeesh - I think we're spoilt here. With our Medical insurance we pay about $100 once off for life as long as we attend more than 12 X's a year and stay with the same medical insurance. I only have to pay for the kidlets monthly but the cost is not too bad - thankfully.

    Sorry to hear about them having to cut again. Praying for a speedy recovery.

    You can do this. Good luck!!

    Mich

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!