Thursday, October 1, 2009

Week 28...15 Days

This blog post contains spoilers to The Biggest Loser Season 8.

Welcome to the 28 th (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last Week: 208 pounds
This week: Weigh In Cancelled!



This Yesterday morning I woke up at 5:30am with a killer migraine. It was so bad that I couldn't even drag myself down the stairs to the kitchen to get some pain reliever so I scavenged through my bathroom cabinets and came up with a lone ALEVE. I put myself back to bed hoping for 45 minutes of sleep and expecting to feel much better when the pain meds kicked in.

I woke up...feeling a little better only to discover that my husband's alarm had NOT gone off and it was now 7:15am and Hubby had an 8 o'clock meeting. There was a mad scramble to get him out the door and make myself some coffee.

And I forgot to hit the scale.

It's probably for the best because I've been under a lot of stress and my weight goes up no matter what I do.  On Monday...I will know if my hubby still has a job and then I can either relax...or deal with a whole lot more stress.  I'll let you know what happens.

No matter what happens...I'm going to Vegas in 15 days.  I'm attending the SITScation Blogging Conference and I'm super excited and nervous!  I'll be meeting 80 (I'm guessing) other bloggers and honing my blogging craft.  I really do love to blog and meet new people so this is perfect for me.

The dealio is...there is a shirt that has been hanging in my closet for 5 months that I really want to wear.  It's a lovely lavender color with poofy cap sleeves and I love it.  But it doesn't quite fit.  Do you think I can fit into it in 15 days?  We shall see!

My works outs haven't been happening.  I went for my run on Sunday morning and it felt great!  And then the weather changed and I haven't been out since.  I'm going to try to go tonight after hubby gets home.  I have GOT TO keep up with my exercise.  No Excuses.

Did you watch the Biggest Loser last Tuesday night?  I loved the message...it's all about your choices!  And I'm going to try to use the would you rather phrase in my own life....I just need to remember to do it.  Liz made me laugh when she said...she didn't get fat by pushing herself and she was awesome in that challenge of carrying those 25 pound buckets!

Tracey....oh Tracey.  It appears she is the bat shit crazy one in the group this time.  Are they casting this part now for the show?  I couldn't believe that after she forfeited her trainers for the week that she would take the other challenge too and then manage to piss off almost every single person on the ranch.  She is tooo much! I still don't understand how that gal lost 11 pounds! BANANAS!

I want to talk about the yogurt that Bob gave Abby to snack on.  The 100 calorie, 5 g protein, has extra calcium and vitamin D.  It sounds WONDERFUL...but I wanted to know how many sugar grams it had.  I've been tracking mine pretty closely and I'm shocked at how much some food has in it.  I looked it up during the show and it has 11 g of sugar.  That seems like a lot to me since you really should only have 40g in a day.  I know it's an easy snack but WOW..that's almost 4 teaspoons of sugar.  What do you think?

My final thoughts on the show.  I love that Amanda wears FULL make-up and diamond earrings to the last chance workout!  Love her!  And I was very sad to see Sean and Antoine leave...but they are doing GREAT at home.

Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. I agree, you are better off eating plain non-fat yogurt with some real strawberries or cherries in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess nobody's paying them to pimp fresh fruit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully its good news on Monday...fingers and toes crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for good news as well. How are you liking C25K so far? Did you buy the app for your ipod/iphone? I love it! I just wish my body loved running as I do lol! Keep up the good workouts, and good luck with the shirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will keep you guys in my prayers today about the job thing.

    That blog conference sounds SOOO much fun. :) Get those workouts going so you can rock that special outfit

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have to watch yogurt - most of the stuff out there is not 'health' food. Stonyfield Farm has a Greek yogurt with 11g protein and 8g sugar for only 80 calories, I have it with blueberries - YUM.

    15 days for the top? Cardio cardio cardio, and Watch.What.You.Eat. :) You can do it - might not be easy, but you can. Good luck! And good luck to Calvin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to read your post. Love the biggest loser commentary and can totally relate to so many of your struggles. With my race on this weekend, I have been walking and running like a mad-woman and even doing my exercise ball in the evening...and I gained 3 pounds this week! Unbelievable. I've changed from running the 5K to competetive walking. I figure it will make me feel better about myself if I am not the last to finish the race. Next race I am running for sure. Keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So this is going to be a stressful weekend for you and your husband. I hope it all turns out well on Monday. Here in Holland it's a crisis too, people lose jobs in many working segments.

    If you want to fit in that shirt you'll have to get that but moving :) Nice that you're going to Vegas.

    Why don't you go outside? Is it too cold? I always keep running outside wheater it rains or it's cold. I love running outdoors and hate running on the treadmill.

    Big hug for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAve fun in Vegas! Do you mind if I ask where you live? We are from So. CAl, Rancho Cucamonga to be exact and the pic in your title reminds me of the foothills we used to live by. :)

    - Lisa
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Connie!

    I didn't know you lived in Utah. Where are you? I'm in Sandy. It's funny how you find people out of the blue. Someone won a contest on my blog and turned out she lives 5 miles away. Anyway, if you'll get me your E-mail, we can start E-mailing our daily "stuff" to each other. I just felt weird about posting it on the SITScation site.

    PS: I bought a treadmill today. Gonna get right up and use it first thing in the AM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, I just discovered your blog at SITS Saturday Sharefest. I blog about home style on a budget, but I'm always interested in health related blogs. What a great idea to start this blog to journal your adventures in weight loss.

    Best of luck on your mission. I will definitely be sending a link to my best friend, Chris, she is the world's biggest "Biggest Loser" fan and the healthiest person I know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love The Biggest Loser ... such an inspirational show ... but I hate how they have ads embedded in the show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!