Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Starting Over

I see that it's been a few weeks since my last confession.  The last time I posted...my life was stressed out and we didn't know what was going to happen to my husband's job.  I have good news!  He survived the layoff (this time) and we are feeling much more relaxed now.

Just after that was our trip to Denver, then last weekend I went to VEGAS for the SITScation Blogging Conference and today I will have my skin cancer surgery to removed the basel cell carcinoma.

Somewhere in all of that...I lost THREE POUNDS!  I think I have a secret...are you ready for this?  Cheerios.  In an effort to reduce my kids sugar intake, I bought them Cheerios and I started eating them myself.  Okay...I have another secret.  Crackerfuls.  They are a new snack cracker that I love and I've been eating them for lunch.

I have not been exercising.  Once the cold weather hit...I couldn't bring myself to run outside.  I'm a wuss. Plus, my kid is having sleep issues again.  I'm hoping to find time to use my home gym.

So I sit here at 9 pounds lost.  I really want to hit that 10 pound mark so maybe...I will try to exercise this week!

10 comments:

  1. Missed you these past couple weeks. I've been keeping you in my thoughts with all the stresses in your life. I'm so glad to hear that your hubby survived the layoff. Hope you had fun on your trips. Can't wait to hear about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your surgery is not too serious...do not forget fruits and veggies for antioxidents. I have the genetic marker for skin cancer too (only had one pre-cancerous mole removed to this point) and I try to make sure I get my antioxidents...sometimes in a glass of red wine. ;)

    Good for you on the three pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear from you. I really missed you and looked at my google reader everyday hopefully but no sign till now!

    Good to have you back and with a great loss.

    I hope your surgery went well and that it hasn't been too painful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Great job! I have been stuck at 10lbs lost for what seems like forever. I just cant get past it. My eating has been awesome so I guess the time has come to quite being lazy and exercise...blech

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about everything your family has been going through! It sounds like a very stressful time! Praise the Lord that your husband didn't lost his job!

    Keep up the GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Good Lucj with your surgery and congrats for the 9 pounds lost, yeah!!!
    Have a great week!
    Take Care
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your surgery goes okay and I didn't lose weight at SITs but should have hung out with you. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Hoo! Way to go, Connie! You can do it!

    Glad your husband made it through the lay-offs. Stress can really put a kink in your focus, at least for me.

    I agree w/you BL - Tracy is nuts! And I too love how Amanda always has her make up on... impressive! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!