Monday, April 19, 2010

Looking for Love at McDonalds

I thought I was going to lose weight with the dental work I had done on Thursday.  I'm no expert but my body seems to be fighting back the trauma and pain (and the pain killers...hello Vicodin) by swelling up.  And then there's my face.  My tooth feels fine...but the side of my face from my eyes to my jaw is swollen.  I look like that kid from Mask.

I'm up to 187.6.

It's funny (or not...really) how I tend to rely on comfort foods when I'm feeling uncomfortable.  Not just physically, but emotionally.  Why can't I be one of those people that wants to go for a walk to feel better instead of looking for love (or comfort) in all the wrong places at Mc Donalds?

I supposed it's because I've trained myself to be this way and I want to go back to the tried and true ways.  These new ways have not become a habit yet and it will take willpower on my part to make sure I do what I need to do.

I'm thankful that I have this blog to let our some of my feelings and to somewhat hold myself accountable.

For today...I'm going to eat as little carbs as possible.

4 comments:

  1. Food is a big "feel better" tool for me, too. And yesterday I caught myself giving Deuce a nibble of a brownie when he was upset... the cycle continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Connie. Those new habits are right there - kick the old ones to the curb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain...yesterday the kids were stressing me out and I turned to chocolate, not too much but some. And then I got the munchies and wanted anything and everything...thankfully I tried to fight and got away only having a handful of chips, and they were multigrain so totally allowed right? Yeah right

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I would just go for a walk too. It's really hard to turn off my head when it is telling me to "eat, eat, eat".

    Hang in there - hopefully your dental woes will be behind you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!