Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Muffin Top to Skinny Jeans: The Shred


weightloss

I've been bad. I did my grocery shopping on Sunday and I ended up with all kinds of crap that I didn't need. M&M's, cookies and Doritos. And my weekend eating was really bad. We went to a southern BBQ place that was amazing and I ate myself into a food coma and we went to the movies Sunday and I ate a Philly Cheese Steak, fries and popcorn.

Sunday night....we didn't eat dinner. I had a glass of wine, cheese and crackers and really I couldn't have eaten more if I wanted to because WOW..I was full from the weekend.

And that is when I decided to punish myself and do the 30 Day Shred. You know the one, Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser's 30 Day Shred. I started yesterday and decided to take a before picture and when I downloaded it into my weight loss photo folder on my mac, I saw an old picture with the same pose and when I checked the date...it was exactly one year ago.


I hadn't looked at these old pictures for awhile and I was shocked.  I think my fatarexia is finally gone because I used to look at that picture on the left and see the girl on the right.  What a difference a year makes....

So back to business....Amanda wants to know:

How did you do on our first month of the journey? Were you able to stay on track with the 3 simple changes you chose in our first challenge? Are there adjustments that you can see you need to make in order to continue to be successful at winning this battle of losing weight?

I did poorly. Of course, i do have my excuses. Stress, dental work...life. But I'm going to try to do better or at least do some exercise to make up for some of my emotional eating.

As for The Shred....I know I won't make it 30 days because I have an appointment on Friday with the oral surgeon to set a date to have my wisdom teeth removed so it could just be the 15 day shred but I wanted to do something.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to make it to day 2 of this Shreding business because I can't lift my arms to get my coffee to my mouth.  I may need a coffee IV.

Oh and by the way...still stuck at 187.6.  No matter I eat my body is set at 187.6.

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with your oral surgery. That is a tough one. Your before and 1 yr later pictures are awesome. You must be doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie! Those two pictures are just amazing. Look at the difference!

    You look great! Good luck with the Shred. Maybe I'll start it again with you. I need a little motivation! Especially since it doesn't look like I am getting out to my trail in this SNOW!!!!!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Connie what a difference a year makes! I find it inspiring to see your before and afters. I need to take a before of myself so I have something to start from.

    I HATE the Shred. HATE IT!! I made it one day and then couldnt hardly move for over a week after. I will try it again here in a few weeks after I have made exercise a regular part of my routine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're looking fabulous GF!!

    Good luck with the oral surgery. My wisdoms are long gone. LOL

    Enjoy the 30 day shred or however many days it turns out to be. :-))

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie! Those 2 pictures are amazing to look at! What a difference. I wish I could say that I look better from a year ago, but sadly, I don't. I actually weigh more. :(

    But I've been walking on the treadmill lately, and I'm going to keep it up, even if I can only do 5 or 10 minutes as this pregnancy progresses. So far I've done 30 and 40 minutes. Hoping to see some changes soon! Thanks for always inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, those pictures are amazing. Congratulations. Good luck with the dentist. Sending a prayer that it goes with grace and ease.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING!!! I have heard a lot of people talk about the 30 day shred, and they all say the same thing about the first day kicking your butt. That is why I haven't even thought about tryig it yet. I may have to do it though. I want to see some big results, and I think to see those, I'm going to have to take some drastic measures. Good luck! You are well on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been thinking about doing The Shred. But, I figured I would wait until I go to the doctors next month - as I am barely eating anything, and getting in about 10 miles of exercise a week, and I can't get the weight to come off.

    and you look AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing difference in the photos! You should be very proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully this "Shredding" will help you drop a little more weight - sounds like you are working HARD, and your body WILL adjust. Just might take a few days. :)

    I love your before and after pics - you look amazing!

    I really need to start doing the Shred too. It's only 20 minutes, right? Seems like it should be easy to fit that in along with my cardio, yet I haven't done it once.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! How inspiring! Seriously, Connie, you have made huge strides ... you go girl!!!! The up side of oral surgery? You should lose some weight right? Only drinking fluids will do that to ya ... :o))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look wonderful!!!!!

    I'm so proud *tear*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck today! I know how painful this can be so will be thinking of you.

    I finished the Shred up to day 1 level 2. I didn't do it every day, maybe once or twice a week but I prefer to go to the gym or running so that when I'm at home it's my resting place instead of workout place.

    Connie I'm so amazed how much you've changed over a year. You may be so proud of yourself. You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your oral surgery and with your weight loss... I'm on the same fight so I understand.
    I just joined the Muffin Top to Skinny Jeans challenge and look forward to cheering you on your weight loss journey.
    Please stop by my blog at http://scfitz1972.blogspot.com and say hello.
    Sharon:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an amazing transformation in the pictures! How is SHRED going?

    By the way, I've started a new blog finally now that I have a new computer. It won't be a daily but it will be "something." LOL

    - Barbi

    www.usingitorlosingit.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, stopping in for the first time. Sounds like the Shred was pretty intense. I have to give you a big pat on the back for getting right back to business after a not-so-good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!