Thursday, April 22, 2010

Muffin Top to Skinny Jeans: Mess Ups

weightloss


I just looked through my last few posts and realized that I never updated about my test results from the Allergist.  Everything was negative!  YAY...but what the heck is going on with my lip.

That is what led me to the Dentist.  I've had some dental work that I've been putting off for a while and I thought maybe the two could be related although I doubted it because this all started with a bee sting.

Anyway, I had a major infection earlier in the week...the whole side of my face swelled up and my dentist put me a strong antibiotic and it's feeling much better today.  My body reacted to all of this trauma and infection by swelling up too.  I guess that's my reaction to stress.  Good to know.

This week Amanda wants me to answer a couple questions:

How do you handle a gain or the feeling of knowing your didn't do as well as you had hoped?

I beat myself up....I do.  But I also try to make an adjustment the next couple days and avoid whatever it   was that threw me off the wagon.
What kind of effect does this have on you?
  I feel badly about it but I try to do better the next day.
 Is there something constructive you can do to reward yourself for small steps?
 I like to reward myself with clothes and shoes now instead of donuts.
 And how are you doing this week?
  Not as good as I have been...too much stuff going on. 
 What were your challenges?
Birthday cake....but I'm proud of myself for two things.  I didn't buy a whole cake.  I bought a piece for my husband and I to share and I let my son pick out a giant cupcake that he had to share with his sister.  And then...I didn't like the cake.  After two bites, I pushed it away.  I didn't want to waste calories on something I didn't like.  I was so proud of myself for that! 

6 comments:

  1. great job conquering the birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job turning the cake away - even if I didn't LOVE it I would have a hard time with that. I will often spend a little more on a couple cupcakes instead of buying a whole cake too - good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad your allergy tests came back negative and you finally got some answers.

    I always used to beat myself up over a gain too, but have vowed not to this time around. I really want to think positive and keep pushing just like I teach my kids to do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your tests came back normal, stress can do some funny stuff to us.

    Good job with the b-day cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie - 1
    Birthday cake - 0
    You win!
    Glad to hear the allergist was negative results! Maybe someone injected your lip with botox whilst you slept...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the dentist. I've had so much trouble with my teeth and so much pain in the past I'm freaking out just by knowing I have to go for a checkup which is in two weeks arrrrrrrrrrrgh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!