Saturday, January 29, 2011

Getting Old(er)

I'm not feeling well...and I'm up 2.5 pounds again.

I blame Obama. 

Tuesday night, I ordered pizza and drank two Lemon Drop Martini's during the State of the Union speech.

There seems to be more than just pizza going on here.  I'm still not feeling....well.

I'm exhausted.  I'm sweating in bed at night (night sweats?). I'm bloated and I'm experiencing headaches.

I wake up tired. 

I wake up foggy.

I'm craving chocolate and soda.

I need help!

I watched Rachael Ray this week because Susanne Summers was on and she was talking about getting older and being sexy and she looks amazing for 64 years old and I want some of that.

I watched it and it was like she was sitting here in my living room talking to me!

I signed up for a 7 day free trial on her website. I'm not going to link to it because I agreed to some crazy terms that confused me about linking and wording and I don't want some lawyers calling me.

If you are curious.  Google Sexy and Forever. 

Anyway, based on two days of reading on that website...I believe I'm experiencing a hormone imbalance and a food intolerance.  

I'm going to do her detox (it's supposed to last 30 days) this week and see how I feel next Saturday.  If everything seems like it's working out...I'll keep going.

The main part of this detox is that you don't eat *carbs*. What I consider a carb to be bread, pasta, rice.  The carbs that I will be having are fruit.

And she says you can't eat carbs with protein/fat. Interesting.  Also...fruit on an empty stomach or 2 hours after a meal.  AKA a snack.

I'm also going to track down some supplements.  DHEA and Wild Yam.  

Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. Connie - I want to wish you well this week! You could possibly drop 7-10 this WEEK if you stick to the diet. I did the MediWeightLoss Plan back after I had Chistopher - and lost 30 pounds in 3 months and I continue to stay under my goal (125). Give it a whirl. It's HARD the first week and it SUCKS. But, dude - it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KAtie! I remember when you did that diet! It was hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're not feeling well, Connie. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of giving up wine for a few months. I can't lose and drink and I know it makes me tired.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to Google that. You may also want to see if you're suffering from candida. You have a lot of the symptoms. Google it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like the Raw Food Detox diet. It's really a lifestyle, not so much a diet. You start at different levels ... eating cooked food at lunch and dinner in the beginning ... until you can progress to all raw foods (it took the author 10 years to get to that point and she says not everyone needs to go all raw ... only if they end up wanting to). But she talks about how important it is to eat fruit by itself and not eat any protein or anything else with it. Most fruit is through in 15 minutes ... bananas are 30. Good luck with Suzanne's plan! I definitely want to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cardiologists blog I follow advocates wheat elimination

    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-do-salmonella-e-coli-and-bread.html

    The symptoms he listed as being alleviated after quitting wheat are the ones you mentioned in your post. Fogginess, tired all the time...

    Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! In the book Crazy Sexy Diet the author talks about how certain foods are better digested on their own and not mixed with other foods, just like you mention here. I need to go back and review it though because I can't remember it all - although veggies go with anything! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!