Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Ready!

I'm ready to begin a wheat detox tomorrow.  I'm anxious to see if it alleviates some or all of my problems.  I'm going to really miss bread if this is the issue.  And pizza.  Crap!!!

I think I've discovered one of the main reason that I can't seem to lose weight.  Unfortunately....I can't detox from my husband.

We ate out THREE times this weekend.  Friday we met him for lunch at my favorite restaurant and I had a cream cheese and jalapeno stuffed burger.  Saturday we went out again and today we went to lunch at Popeyes.  I should just tell him no....but I like to eat.

I'm going to be partially forcing my detox diet on him this week....maybe he'll see some improvement too!

Thanks to everyone who gave me links to articles!  Great info!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't had wheat in 5 years. Just get a bunless burger like I do! LOL

    Is wheat the only thing you are giving up the first week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...and sugar. Except for sugar in fruit.

    And wine. I won't be drinking any wine this week. Or vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really hard when the people at home don't support your effort to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Poor iKeith. I think mine was a MAJOR stumbling block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, men can eat whatver they want. I ate like my husband for a long time and I gained a lot of weight, since I have been eating better so has he but of course h dropped 30 pounds too, and he did not need to!
    NOT FAIR!
    xo
    katy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! There is a pretty good selection of GF food out there, but sometimes it's just not a delicious as the original. But you can adapt for sure. I read Crazy. Sexy. Diet. this month and they recommend detoxing too...I like to eat too. I ALWAYS eat too much at restaurants. It's just so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These website/blogs are very helpful. This flatbread talked about in the first one is FANTASTIC. Even my mother loves it.

    http://www.glutenfreecookingschool.com/archives/gluten-free-bread-30-minute-flatbread/


    This one has great recipes for holiday cooking.

    http://glutenfreegirl.com/this-is-the-gluten-free-stuffing-we-will-be-eating/

    And fancy kind of stuff!

    http://lisacooksallergenfree.blogspot.com/2010/10/chelsea-had-gluten-free-wedding-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to say, I do not have celiac but I have for the most part cut out gluten and my stomach has thanked me, a lot of the issues I have had with my stomach for years, diagnosed as IBS and such. Going gluten free and seeing an acupuncturist has virtually fixed overnight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!