Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day One: One of Us is Grumpy

Stocked Up!

Hubby and I weighed and measured this morning and then put the scale away.  We'll bring it back out in 30 days.  I want to focus on how my clothes fit and how I'm feeling and NOT how the scale makes me feel.

Our breakfast this morning was Steel Cut Oats with cinnamon, apples and walnuts and a side of cantaloupe.  I think it was very filling but hubby seemed to want more.  He's going to have to adjust to eating less food.

Oats and Fruit
We had breakfast at 8am and by 11:30 we were hungry so I whipped up lunch.  We had Sardine Salad, a wheat roll with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a cup of grapes.  It was a huge amount of food and it took me 40 minutes to eat it all.  Husband is complaining about how long it takes to prepare each meal and that a sandwich is quicker. I tend to agree with him....this is labor intensive.  AND I can't send this meal in his lunch.

I really enjoyed the roll (from Whole Foods) with the olive oil but I had to force myself to eat the grapes.  I was full by then and I'm not a big fruit eater.

Sardine Salad

After lunch...I had my husband take BEFORE pictures of me.  They were....horrible.  I'm shocked that I look like that.  I won't be posting them here because I mortified.  Instead I'll give you a picture I took yesterday.

before

I have to say that our Chicken and Grapefruit Salad was my favorite meal today!! I don't like grapefruit...at all. I hate grapefruit. But...a bite of chicken thigh, grapefruit and romaine with a light dressing of olive oil and cider vinegar....is fabulous!! My picture does not include the two Wasa Crackers that we were allowed. I only ate one. MY KIDS EACH ATE ONE and liked it. HOLY COW!

Forgot the Wasa Cracker


DO NOT TELL BOB OR MY HUSBAND...but I got a little treat for after dinner. This is not BOB approved unless you are exercising your ass off but I thought if we made it through the whole day without quitting then we deserved a treat.

This will not be a daily treat. Perhaps only on Sunday Nights. I bought this faux ice cream made with raw agave and cashew nut milk. It's actually gelato and it's raw, vegan, organic, low glycemic, low in saturated fat. It's also free of dairy, soy, gluten and cane sugar. It's a freakin miracle from Cashewtopia.

Happiness in a Cup


My kids loved it! I even told them it was healthy and they still loved it. Happy Mommy!

All in all, the food was pretty good and I'm not feeling dissatisfied or hungry.  I'm liking it a lot better than my husband who is a little grumpy with the changes.  I hope he lightens up about it in the coming days. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for day 1 being finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by all of this - I have a million questions about it but I should just buy the book and see what it's all about myself. It looks really balanced, which is what is appealing to me.

    I'm looking forward to seeing you guys progress through it, grats ona successful first day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!