Thursday, June 9, 2011

Motivation Pictures and More Stress

My husband is out of town this week and that means.....STRESS!

I don't have anyone to help me with the kids and I'm worried about him. I know it's unnecessary because he's a grown man and can take care of himself....but I am still stressed out about him being gone.

I really do need to get a handle my how I handle stress and I know I've talked about this a million times, but without eating any extra calories...I've gained 7 pounds since last week.

SEVEN!

I know that I haven't consumed 24,500 extra calories. In fact I've been eating pretty healthy without him here. Or at least less.

My goal was to actually LOSE a few while he was gone. So much for that.

I'm going to do some yoga today and see if I can calm down!

***********

Memorial Day Weekend....we went to a party.

I thought I did really well...except for the wine.

I drank three large glasses.

I didn't eat a burger and had a couple little bites of dessert.

I had some dip and a fruit salad.

I was feeling really good about myself that day...I even shot a video of myself in Toyr R Us and thought I looked thinner.




Then a few days later....my friend sent a picture of me watching my daughter jump on the trampoline and I was appalled at what I look like from the back.


I must have clown mirrors in my apartment because I thought I looked pretty good in those jeans!  

Motivation!

Putting that picture on the fridge!

6 comments:

  1. Oh don't you just hate that?! When you're having a skinny day and then you see yourself from a different angle and all of a sudden you're not so skinny. Blah! I think every women has felt that way at one time or another. Don't beat yourself up too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Annie, don't beat yourself up too much. That would probably make the whole issue just worse. And you really should try to calm yourself down someone. Do something you like to do. Reading a book, taking a nice bath....
    I think that you've probably gained weight because of all the stress which is no fun and not fair either since it probably leads to just more stress. I'm here if you need to talk or whatever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shes right. Please don't beat yourself up! You do NOT look that bad in those jeans... And the vid is cute! Just keep making those healthy choices. :) Is it possible that you're retaining water from stress? Or from anything else?

    Hug!
    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture and reaction to it reminds me of a picture of me from hiking last weekend that my friend took from behind. All I could focus on was my back fat.

    It's frustrating to be working hard (well not as of the past couple of weeks on my end) and to not see any kind of a change!

    Hopefully once iKeith gets back that 7 pounds will disappear, I bet it's just water weight from stress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure it's not just water weight? Isn't this your TOM? You are mostly doing all the right things so hopefully you will get a dramatic drop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look great! don't get discouraged.
    From what you said, you ARE eating healthy, but even healthy foods can make you retain water or gain. FRUIT expecially, it is higher in sugar than other foods. so beware.
    LOVE LOVE the video! made me smile.
    Each time you feel stressed out about hubby, go for a walk, or do some jumping jacks in place...if you can...it will at least make your little girl laugh, and maybe she will join in and the stress will go away!
    Good luck!
    My DH was in NY for 4 days so I KNOW what you are going thru!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!