Monday, June 27, 2011

Scale Free

I ran into my friend Jolene from Healthy Discoveries at a party this weekend. Just being in her presence made me make better choices. I only had one glass of Sangria and one bite of dessert.

Jolene is working on something pretty exciting and talking to her about it really got me thinking some things.

While talking to her about being healthy...weight was never mentioned once. We talked about activity and healthy choices. We talked about motivation and the rewards of making those choices.

credit

My life has been ruled by the scale since I was a teenager. It can make or break my day. I'm throwing out the scale!

My focus needs to be on health and not weight. Because weight doesn't tell the entire story!

And it shouldn't determine how I feel about myself.

Starting today....I will work towards making healthy choices and adding more activity to my life.  I will reward myself with things other than food. I will hydrate my body with water instead of coffee and soda.

I desire to be HEALTHY and STRONG!  Which means....I'm going to have to change my twitter handle. HA!

When we pay attention to our desires, our daily energy levels increase. And embracing your desires will sustain your health! ~ Jolene Park

6 comments:

  1. Connie,
    This has struck a nerve with me. Could I please re-post this on my health blog?
    I want to join you in on this getting rid of the scale. I too have struggled with this all my life. Today is B-Day and what a great gift I could give myself by getting rid of that thing that can ruin my day. I am tired of it ruling my emotions.
    Let me know!! Thank you, Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I clicked over to look at your blog and I was so surprised to see to see who/what you wrote about today. I had no idea. Thank You! I'm honored and I honor you for choosing to make some 'Healthy Discoveries' that will nourish you! I'm cheering you on and support you all the way. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this is just the ticket for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a lot of people have opinions on this. Myself I HATE weighing, so I only do it every few weeks. My rule of thumb is as long as I eat well & exercise I don't have to weigh. If I eat crap, then I have to saddle up. Good luck lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get hung up on the number too but ultimately I just want to be healthier! I have a target weight but would really be happy at any weight that allows me to have kids, be active, and be a healthy person.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!