Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Paleo: 2nd Week Results

Starting Weight:   213.5
1st Weigh In:       210.4 (-3.1)
2nd Weigh In:      208.8 (-1.6)

Total LOSS:   4.7 pounds

I'm very happy to be down 1.6 pounds this week even though TOM was here most of the week and I drank lots of alcohol. I'm more than happy! I'm amazed!

I've been reading Robb Wolf's book The Paleo Solution and realized something very important.

My lip hasn't been red or swollen in TWO WEEKS!

Backstory. Two years ago THIS WEEK....I was stung by a bee on my foot while on vacation in Wisconsin. My lip immediately swelled up like I'd had an injection gone and wrong and was trying out for the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills!

For 10 months...it continued to swell. Almost daily. I cut certain foods out of my diet but it never really did anything. In May 2010, I went to an allergist in Utah and had the full panel. The only thing that came up was that I had an unknown grass allergy but she said that wouldn't cause my lip to swell.

She sent me down to the lab where they took 6 viles of blood to test for systemic diseases. It came back clear. She was baffled.

Over the last year, it has gotten a little better....but would still swell several times a week.

Yesterday, I read a story in the book about a man whose tongue would swell and it disappeared when he started Paleo. 

I'M CURED!  This development alone....has made me so excited and hopeful that this is the solution I've been looking for all of these years! 

Gluten is poison in my body.

9 comments:

  1. Great job! That is wild about the lip swelling being connected! Did the swelling go down when you did the HCG diet? If not, it really points the finger at gluten since you probably ate the melba/grissini yet were dairy, sugar, and alcohol free for those weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy about your lip - how weird that a bee sting would trigger that.

    Anyway, you're doing awesome with this Connie and I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your weight loss this week and for finding a cure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue to achieve fantastic results and discoveries for yourself - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I am so glad you found something that works for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's amazing. Grats on the loss too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! And, not surprising. Most people have an intolerance to gluten. They just don't know it. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing progress in just two weeks! It takes me two months to lost that kind of weight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!