Thursday, August 11, 2011

Paleo: 3rd Week Results

Starting Weight:   213.5
1st Weigh In:       210.4 (-3.1)
2nd Weigh In:      208.8 (-1.6)
3rd Weight In:      208.8 (ZERO)

Total LOSS:   4.7 pounds

I didn't gain or lose any weight last week.

I'm actually pretty happy about this because I cheated and I drank more wine than any one person should be allowed to drink.

The Good News: My in laws are on their way home

The Better News: I'm back on track baby!


My little boy starts school in one week and I'm starting to get nervous.  I just know that I'm going to be a wreak on Thursday but I'll handle it.


This revelation that my lip problem is caused by gluten is kind of disheartening.  On the one hand...I'm very happy to know what is causing it but then, I'm mourning the loss of grains.

I'll learn to live without them....or know to expect a fat, red lip if I do indulge.  The good news here is that my intolerance is NOT life threatening.

Oh...I posted a new recipe on my food blog.

4 comments:

  1. That's the great thing about paleo. If you indulge a bit you can undo the damage pretty quick. With the in laws gone, I bet you'll have a great loss next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe kindergarten is a week away!

    You're doing so well with being GF and working with Paleo, I'm glad you found something that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 more weeks until Kindergarten - I'm soooooo nervous. And excited!! Good job NOT gaining. I was down 7 lbs this morning - but I haven't weighed in in weeks. Still I was happy....but with family coming in and a barbecue tomorrow I have to try not to overindulge this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont get discouraged. GF will be easy! Check out my friends cookbook. Eat Free! Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Guilt Free. By Rhiannon Lawrence.
    I cook gluten free ALL THE TIME.
    There are SO MANY options for grain replacement that dont contain gluten (quinoa, buckweat, corn, rice, millet......) SO MANY! Inherently, oats are gluten free but are generally contaminated with wheat during the processing. BUT you can get pure, uncontaminated oats. Bobs Red Mill, Cream Hill Estates, Only Oats/FarmPure foods and a few others. And you dont have to say goodbye to baking either.
    Congrats on the weightloss and the discovery of your intolerance to gluten.
    You can do it!!!

    Sorry for the novel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!