Monday, August 1, 2011

Challenging Weekend

I knew this was going to be a challenging weekend.

Saturday was my husband's 30th High School Reunion.  I knew I was going to want a drink (or three) because I was going to be nervous and have to interact with people I didn't know.

I didn't know what food would be served but that part turned out great!  They had a buffet with a great salad, fresh fruit and a small piece of chicken.  It had sauce on it but I scraped it all off.

I had ONE BITE of an fluffy Amaretto Cream Cake.  It was amazing!



Sunday....is where things went....wrong.

We had been invited to my Mother in Law's cousin's house for lunch.  She made some chicken in the crockpot but I didn't know what was in the sauce, she had spanish rice and a salad with tons of pepper in it.  I ate small amounts of everything because I was told NOT eating her food would be rude.

I also drank red wine.

Dinner....we went to my brother in law's house for hamburgers.  I had a patty without a bun and a salad.  There was more wine.

Being around my in laws makes me want to drink.  I know this. I need to learn to say NO...or get a prescription for Valium.

Hopefully...I haven't messed up my weight in tomorrow.  *fingers crossed*

How do you deal with eating in other people's homes when you are trying to avoid certain foods?

5 comments:

  1. Looking good Connie! I love that top!

    I have plenty of people in my life that make me want to drink when I'm around them. I get it. I've said it before but I'm sure cave people figured out alcohol.

    To answer your question, I avoid eating in other people's homes. Really. I can't even think of the last time I ate at someone else's home. With that said I did get an invite to a BBQ yesterday, but I couldn't think of anything good that would come out of a BBQ put on by a bunch of vegas/vegetarians...so I avoided that pretty easily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! So proud of you for committing to a paleo experiment and it sounds like you are doing awesome.

    BTW, I keep meaning to tell you to check out my new blog (yeah, I know I started ANOTHER one)...it's called yogapantsandcoffee.com and I might start blogging about weight loss in the coming weeks. I haven't decided yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you made the best of a tough situation (or three!) - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, red wine - my downfall every weekend (and week night)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!