Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Secret To Losing Weight

It's the end of the month report time!!

Before I tell you about our progress for January, I'm going to share one of our secrets for losing 12.6 pounds as a family.  I was just talking to my good friend Barbie about this a few days ago and she's posting about it today too.  Check her out at The Bold Blend.


I went to Target and bought some new plates at the beginning of the year.  Then I realized that we really only needed the salad plate on the left.  It is the prefect size for a meal.  I've experimented with several meals from pasta to chicken and quinoa and the correct serving sizes fit on the salad plate.  And they are only $1.99 at Target! 

Correct serving sizes are the secret to losing weight!

January seemed to go by pretty quickly.  We had a lot going on and it's not slowing down until mid March.  I can't wait for Spring Break so I can relax for a week...oh wait, we're taking a trip. Nevermind.

My family has adapted well to our new eating plan.  The Obama Plan as it's been dubbed is a frequent topic of conversation.  My kids want to know if certain things are healthy and what isn't.  I feel really good that we're teaching them good habits....finally.

I'm so impressed with my little boy.  He's almost 7 but has been wearing husky pants a size or two larger than what he's supposed to be wearing.  He loves Pizza and Ice Cream.  We haven't cut these things out completely....but we've cut them back.  I'm happy to say that he has lost 2.8 pounds this month!  His pants fit so much better and he has been more active at school.

My little girl is already a peanut.  She is tall and thin.  She lost 1.8 pounds this month and now her slim fit pants are falling down. She was already a pretty healthy eater, she loves yogurt and fruit and most veggies.  If anything, we've improved her eating habits.

My dear husband pushed back so hard at first.  I know that he's a smart man and he knew that this plan was better for him.  But I do understand that change is hard and no likes being hungry.  I'm happy to report that he has lost 5 pounds and is now embracing the plan!  He's enjoying the food, although he did mention he'd like me to take a small break from the lime and cilantro.  HA!

I did not lose as much as I'd hoped for.  On January 1st I weight in at 211.6, I then ballooned up to 213 when my in laws were in town but I'm counting January 1st weight as my true weigh in.  As of today, I've lost 3 pounds!  I am proud of the fact that I lost those 3 pounds in a very healthy way and that I'm changing our eating habits for good.

I'm so proud of my family and their commitment to this new plan.  I'm confident that 2013 is going to be our best year yet!

9 comments:

  1. 2013 WILL be your best year yet! Good job. I love that your kids embraced this journey with you and iKeith. You all are great parents and this just reinforces it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCELLENT WORK WEISS FAMILY!!

    With in-laws and TOM, you did awesome this month!

    I need to go get some of those $1.99 plates!

    Thanks for the link love too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had missed your post! I'm so glad I read it today! Congrats to your family- it makes it easier when everyone is on the same page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Those are pounds gone for good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing what something as simple as a plate can do?! Awesome!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job and I am so impressed the entire family is on board!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go!!! It's so hard to change habits that are our own and to change your families is such an accomplishment! Great job!

    I'm really enjoying your blog - I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    http://ahealthymakeoverjourney.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful piece of information. I must say that while reading your post I found my thoughts in agreement with the topic that you have discussed, which happens very rare.
    Fat Reduction

    ReplyDelete
  9. The post is written in very good manner and it contains many useful information for me. you have a very inpressive writing style .I really enjoyed what you had to say.Well, at least i am interested.
    Cosmetic Surgery

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!