Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 11....Pizza for Pain

Welcome to the Eleventh (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last week: 209 pounds
This week: 209 pounds

LOST.....0 pounds

Sigh

The Plan from Week 11

It seems like every week I've got something messing me up. I decided to train for a 5K celebrating my 39th birthday and I got a brand new pair of running shoes, fitted to me and my special situations and then I pulled a muscle in my neck and haven't been able to work out for a few days. I'm still having issues with it but I'm trying to get back on track. Yesterday I got up for my walk even though I was in a fair amount of pain. I felt really good when I got back and was so glad I went. I just wish this pain would go away....

I have to tell you that another thing that was messed up by this pain in my neck was my eating habits. Over the weekend, because I wasn't up to cooking...we ate Pizza and KFC. And there were leftovers and I ate them because they were here. It's like this constant pain wore down my willpower and I was feeling badly so I ate....but the pain was still there. You can't cure pain with pizza...but Vicodin helps.

I went to the store last night because I was out of half and half for my morning coffee and I bought more fruit. Have you had a cantaloupe lately? It must be in season right now because OMG! So good!

The Plan for Week Twelve:

Blue...completed Red....not yet completed

AM Walk Outside
  • Thursday (30 minutes, 1.5 miles)
  • Sunday
  • Monday (45 minutes, 2.5 miles)
  • Wednesday
Also....
  • Continue taking Colon Cleanse Pills, Vitamin D and Acidophilus.
  • Drink more water...I'm up to 4 glasses a day
  • Sleep as much as possible (at least 7.25 hrs)
Question of the week: What's your favorite thing to drink while you're losing weight? We all know how important it is to get that water intake up, especially with summer almost here. What's your favorite way to spice it up?

When I can't have soda (oh how I miss you....) I like to drink brewed tea. That is what I order now when I go out to a restaurant. And I make it at home every day so that there is always a pitcher of DECAF Iced Tea waiting for me. I bought a really nice (thick) glass pitcher at Wal-Mart for $5 and I throw 4 teabags (or 2 family sized ones) in the pitcher, pour boiling water in and let it steep. I have a hot water tap on my sink so this is so easy.

I've tried those crystal light packets but my kids steal my bottle from me!

Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. Don't worry about not losing! You should be proud of yourself for excercising, when you're in so much pain! You are still on track, girl!!

    I think you're doing great. You're still focused and thinking about your next steps to continue on your path!

    I'm extrememly proud of you! Have a great week!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie,
    It's good to hear from you. It is so discouraging when that scale doesn't move in the right direction. I feel your pain. Good luck this week. Something good will happen when you are trying has hard as you do.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't beat yourself up, Connie. We all have bad days or weeks. The important thing is to not abandon your goal. It takes time.

    The longer you go without drinking soda, the less you'll miss it. Obviously water is the best thing for your body -- distilled water when possible. I know it's trite, but lemon in water is good for you, and even a dash of cayenne pepper if you can tolerate it [you can soften it with a little agave nectar, but not too much or you'll increase your calories]. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, don't get discouraged! Keep up the great work! We're all here rooting for you!!!!

    I get liquid chlorophyll from my local health food store to add to my water. It has so many health benefits and it adds a yummy mint flavor!!! Seriously, you all should look it up and then try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!I know that no loss isn't the greatest but it could be a gain. Bummer about the neck pain. I will be praying for you that all get's back to normal and you are able to train for your 5K. I think that is awesome.
    What kind of shoes did you get? Do you have a particular brand you like better than the rest?
    Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so well planned out! Sorry you are suffering from pain, but way to go on no gain, even with pizza and KFC! Wow and awesome on the 5K training! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your frustration! I had a similar week...only without the excuse of pain!

    Don't give up...let's just get back on the wagon!

    And I think it's awesome that you're training for a 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It can be so hard when that scale won't budge. I know just how you feel. I am on holidays at the moment and I can't believe how many cakes, cookies and other sweets I have been offered. My will-power is taking a beating! Keep up the great attitude. I can't wait to read about your progress with the running once you are in a bit less pain. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What did you do to your neck? :(

    Throw some green tea in your tea pitcher also if you are not already doing so. Question: why ellipticals and weight training on the same days?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pizza is too yummy isn't it. Sorry for the 0 loss.....but it is also a 0 gain :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will be right back on track, dont sweat it!

    My daughter likes the Crystal Light too, tastes like Kool-Aid to her without all the yucky sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's great that you were able to maintain your weight even though you weren't able to work out {and you treated yourself to a few non-diet foods over the weekend :o)}!

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep it up. I know you're disappointed at not losing and your body is letting you know that it's going through changes...but STICK WITH IT!

    You help my motivation and I'm going to be selfish and demand that you keep things up...for you AND me both :)

    No pressure ;)

    You have a hot water tap? Lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, if there's food in the house I'll eat it as well. So that means all the yummy stuff has to go :( I was doing good with that for awhile, but a lot of sweets seem to be sneaking back in, and I just can't stay away.

    Here's to a kick-butt week next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you like lemon in your water, but it isn't always convienient to carry around a lemon, they make these packets called True Lemon. They are in the baking aisle (no idea why) in your grocery store. They are convienent little packages that you can just add to a bottle of water. One packet equals one lemon wedge. I love them. They are all natural no calories too! I use them at work so I can have my lemon water without the hassle of cutting and keeping a lemon fresh! Hope this helps. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!