Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Week 13...I'm a runner!

Welcome to the 13th (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last week: 208.5 pounds
This week: 208 pounds

LOST.....1/2 pound


The Plan from Week 13:

I had a great week! I walk/ran 3.9 miles! I learned how to do The Plank and it's kicking my @ss and I even drank a lot of wine. I have started running. Just for short distances during my walk and usually when I'm going down a hill but I am able to run a little bit farther each time. I am LOVING the Map My Run for my iPhone. It even tells me how fast I'm going. Awesome!

I drank more water and I took my pills EVERYDAY! Here's what is helping me. I printed out a calendar for June and I wrote in each box...Water and two check boxes for Pills, one in the AM and one in the PM. I hang this on my fridge and I mark off when I have filled my water glass and when I've taken my pills. I also write my workout on it and if I've worked out that day I place an X over the day with a blue highlighter.

I'm feeling a little upset. Yesterday afternoon, I started to feel really exhausted so I took a nap while my kids were asleep and I woke up feeling horrible. I was sick all night with a headache, upset stomach and aches. I feel off the soda wagon because all I want when I'm sick is COKE. And my hubby delivered....3 2 liter bottles! I didn't need that much....

I did make something really healthy and yummy on Monday and my hubby loved it! Black Bean Cakes with Guacamole!


The Plan for week 14:


AM Walk/Run Outside
  • Thursday
  • Saturday
  • Monday
Elliptical & Weights (light workout)
  • Friday
  • Tuesday
Also....
  • Take Pills
  • Drink 60 oz of water EVERYDAY
  • Plank & Sit-ups (Fri, Sun, Tue)

This week's question:
Brought to you Shortmama from Family of Shorts

"Who is your biggest supporter/motivator in your weight loss? Do you have anyone around you that tries to sabotage you by "talking" you in to eating the not so good stuff?"

My husband is my biggest supporter but sometimes....he gets on my nerves about it. He turns into the Food Nazi...telling me that I can't or shouldn't have something. Sometimes I really want a freakin ice cream from Mc Donalds and he won't let me. UGH! He also gets upset with me when I bake something yummy (which is only once a month for my baking club) but he is always right there to eat it. :) The Saboteurs in the family are Alex and Mallory. They talk about ice cream all day long and when we go to the store they know exactly where the donuts are kept.

Have a great week!

17 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! This is my first week of EMME with you all.

    I think the idea of marking a calendar is great! Things are crazy here with three kids and a new baby, so I always forget how much water I've had and whether I've missed vitamins. Sounds simple, but I never thought of writing it down! :)

    Keep up the good work. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! I'm sorry you're sick. Don't drink too much Coke, though... wine is better for you than sugary soda, missy.

    I'm glad to hear you're experimenting with jogging a bit on your runs. Be careful about doing too much downhill -- it's really hard on the knees.

    Take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest support is also my husband. He is trying to lose the weight also so it helps. Although he isn't doing Weight Watchers with me, he is still shedding the pounds (quicker than me, typical male!). I also reconnected with a friend from high school who lost 55 pounds doing Turbo Jam. She has motivated me and shown me that with some hard work, it is definately possible. Other than that, I think I am my own worst enemy!

    Good luck, and congrats on losing 1/2 pound. I weigh in here in about 1.5 hours and I am hoping that I lost anything this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie... omg... my hubs does the same thing.. becomes the food nazi.. I just want to kill him. I know he means well but seriously!

    I am so proud of you for running!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job - keep it up! You are definitely faithful to exercise, and good job on the running! And I love how you are very specific about your goals each week. Keep on, keeping on, hot mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I don't need a food nazi. I mean, I do, but I don't *want* one ;)

    I love using the calendar too! It helps keep me accountable, and it's a great reminder to me that I am making progress. Besides, my memory is shot, so it's the only way for me to stay on track ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! I am super impressed and proud of you!! If there's one thing I'm not good at, it's running! Keep up the good work!!!!!

    (by the way, I have something for you on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing awesome! You are soooo brave. I don't feel brave enough to put my actual weight on my post. *scary* :P I have an iPhone too and use it as a tool. I really like the Run Keeper app. I have the free one downloaded and it's way cool. It tracks distance and time. I'm NOT a runner, but I'm trying to be. It's been so stinkin' hot here in OK, so I haven't been outdoors exercising as much...but hopefully I'll be able to get back to it soon. Oh, and I track everything too...water, food, exercise. It's the only way I can truly look back on the day and know I did everything I set out to do.

    The recipe sounds DELISH!! I'll have to give it a try!

    Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so well organized, what fantastic ideas, and awesome that you are doing some running too!

    You are a great inspiration, and sorry you got sick, hopefully you are feeling much better!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WTG on the running! I would love to start running myself. Yeah I get McCafe Drinks with nonfat milk. It tastes the same. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are doing awesome. I've been thinking of taking up running, I never thought I could do the gym every day, but I'm doing it, 3 months into that. I'm working it slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Connie you are doing terrific, and the calendar is def. the way to go. What a sweet hubby to get you your soda - even if he went a little overboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea for weight loss!

    And, thanks for sharing your calendar idea. I. Love. It.

    I love checking things off a list. I'm a checker-off-er!

    And, I like this Chris character that commented, "Don't drink too much Coke, wine is better for you." I like where Chris is heading with this...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to try the Black Bean Salad with Guac...my tummy is growling thinking about it! What kinds of pills are you taking? Did I miss that info somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for your running and weight loss! BOO for being sick! I HATE that...it disrupts everything!

    I'm wishing you a speedy recovery! I wish my husband was more of a Nazi, because he gives in, and brings me yummy treats on his way home from work, then I HATE myself afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't you love getting on the scale and weighing less?! Congrats..I hope you feel better asap.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on the running and the loss this week! Some day I will start exercising too...so unmotivated for it though. I figure if I can make eating right a healthy habit first then the exercise will be the next step!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!