Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Week 10...Do Over

Welcome to the Tenth (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last week: 207 pounds
This week: 209 pounds

GAIN..... 2 pounds

I'm blaming this on TOM. I need a do over!

The Plan from Last Week:

I was doing GREAT until Sunday afternoon when my pre-period migraine hit and I knew what was coming next. I won't go into the ugly details but I couldn't work out and I ate some ice cream (Coffee Toffee Frosty from Wendy's) and I drank two sodas. The good thing is that I didn't go too wild and crazy because I don't have any sweets in the house. I could have baked something but I was feeling so terrible that I didn't have the energy.

I told my husband that I need to find the cure for PMS because it ruins my life for a couple days every month. I seriously can't go anywhere, do anything or live my life. He told me there is a cure and it's called Menopause. Thanks buddy....you're a big help!

The Plan for Week Eleven:

Blue...completed Red....not completed Cancelled due to injury

AM Walk Outside
  • Thursday (30 minutes, 1.5 miles)
  • Friday
  • Monday
  • Tuesday (30 minutes, 1.5 miles)

PM Walk with Family
  • Friday
  • Monday

Water Aerobics

Strength Train
  • Thursday
  • Monday

Question of the Week: What's your favorite beauty secret?

I don't have a lot of beauty secrets...but I just discovered something that is making a big difference in my skin. It is the Wal-Mart brand of Night-time Firming Cream. It's under $5 and smells great! You may not know this...but Utah is considered desert and is very dry. My skin has been super flaky and dry ever since we moved here and every product I bought did NOTHING. Until this night creme. Within 10 days of using it before bed every night...all flakiness was gone!

Have a great week!

18 comments:

  1. Connie,

    PMS does mess you up. Curse you PMS. Good luck this week!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer on the gain. But new week new beginning. I hate PMS and I am almost to menopause and not thrilled about that either. Have you talked to your doctor about the effects it has on you? Hang in there and good luck. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about the sucky PMS.

    Thanks for the tip on the creame...I'll have to check it out. I haven't ever been the best at taking care of my skin. I'm starting to worry the effects will soon start to manifest themselves!

    It's a new week and I know you'll do awesome! I know you can lose 4 more lbs by your June 17th deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate flaky skin! I'm glad you found something that works for you. (And that it's $5!? Bonus!)

    My Dr.told me that as we get older, our PMS stuff will only intensify (mood swings, boobies that feel like 10 lbs of sugar in a 5 lb bag...) and she put me on Serafem. I think it's in the zoloft or prozac family, but I only needed to take it like 3 days a month. It helped a lot. My husband said so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just found yoru blog and I LOVE it! Thank you for your honesty, especially about your weight. I too weigh over 200 lbs and I find it hard to open up about that. You've certianly inspired me and I can't wait to read more of your journey!!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you've heard any stories about menopause, it's not exactly a cure!

    Period time is tough for me, too - don't be too hard on yourself. I get the migraines once a month as well. Do you take Imitrex or anything? I don't - yet - because I don't want to have yet another prescription, but I'll probably go that route eventually.

    I did not even know that such a thing as Coffee Toffee Frosty existed - yum! Thanks a lot! ;)

    :) jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. pms is the worst! i have a cure though ~ birth control pills! they take it almost completely away!

    try not to worry about the gain ~ i'm sure most of it is due to your period. good luck this next week!

    and thank you for stopping by my blog and offering some words of encouragement. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the 2 lbs ....that TOM can really mess with you!

    I didn't even know they made a coffee toffee frosty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries on the 2lbs, you will get back on track! PMS is a downer and puts a kink in the weightloss mojo every time! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're still doing great Connie!! Those 2 lbs. will come back off next week.

    My husband tells me I'm going through menopause all the time. I'm only 42. He's a real riot that one. :-)

    Good luck this week!

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you on the PMS - what a load of crap we women have to deal with every month!

    Good tip on the night cream, I live in the desert too and know all about the dry skin.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Connie,
    Don't let that gain get you down!! You know you're doing great!! That TOM is always a tricky little sucker!!

    I know you'll have a great week coming up! I'm proud of how well you're doing!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for super wonderful and economical face cream! :) Don't worry about that gain, PMS will get ya every time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PMS wreaks havoc with my body. I gain between 2-5 pounds each month because of it! Keep up the good work Connie!

    XOOX
    Jen

    PS - what did you think about IKEA??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hang in there Connie! Those 2lbs will be off and then some in a few days, it's probably all water. My fingers are so stuffed right now it's ridiculous and I'll be wearing wrist splints tonight so my damn carpal tunnel doesn't wake me up at 3 am :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just lets forget this week happened.. We are moving on! :) You can do it girl.. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You shouldn't have to weight yourself during your period week. Seriously, it's out of your control that TOM anyway so maybe skip the weigh in (and the inevitable Post-weight-in-depression) next month!

    Oh and, this dry air in Nevada is a killer, too! Last night Craig asked if I had any lotion he could use! The man never uses lotion. Poor guy! So I handed him my $50 Arbonne bottle and he said, "thats the expensive stuff! I don't need that!" I said, "use it! I've had it for almost a year and it's not even 1/2 empty, we need to use it!"

    I'm psyched about your C25K program!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh-the hubby is right about menopause.....I had a hysterectomy 6 years ago and it completely got rid of TOM issues! Unfortunately it came with its own set of problems.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!