Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bloggers On The Run


Do you remember that one time that I wanted to run a 5K for my birthday? Yeah...well...Life happened and my training dropped off and I had to restart my quest for fitness. The other day when I was awake with my son in the middle of the night for the hundredth time, I found myself praying to God to help me with my motivational and sleep problems.

Soon...it came to me that I should adjust the children's nap time (from 1pm to 2pm) in the hopes that they would be more tired and actually take a nap and sleep better at night. After three days of this plan....I have been getting more sleep and have restarted my exercising plan! YAY!

And then my friend Kara told me that she wanted to get a group of bloggers together to train for a race (or series of races) with the hopes that we would all motivate each other and have a little friendly competition. I love friendly competition so I jumped at her offer!

All you have to do to participate is pick a 5k (or any length) in your area and dedicate yourself to walking or running it! We've made a cute little button so you can show off your walking/running pride, too! Once you finish your race, we want to hear about it! Go ahead and comment in any of my (or Kara's) blog posts when you finish it (be sure to tell us the name of the race, and what city you ran it in!) and we'll post it in our sidebars! We're hoping to get lots of people to participate, so tell your friends! Also, if you want...post about your progress while training so we can all support each other.

Oh, if you do more than one race, be sure to let us know that too! You get double the sidebar postage! I'm hoping to do a bunch of races in Utah and Denver! I'm super excited!

If you want to participate, just grab the button off my side bar, and comment to let me know so we can add you to the sidebar! I'll put your name up as a participant in "Bloggers on the Run!"

11 comments:

  1. Great goal Connie but when is your 5K :)

    Great that your getting a better night sleep by just adjusting nap time!

    Big hug for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling back on track. Love the "Bloggers on the Run" idea. I am signing up the the "Women's 5K" on October 4th in Hamilton, Bermuda. I've been terrible about running lately, but hopefully the support through this will give me what I need to jump start myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I will have to look into seeing if there are any nearby...obviously none in the land of nowhereville. Can I be a blogger on the walk though? Im not much of a runner hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, the only places i run are to the bathroom and the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My two oldest are 22 months apart, but I used a double jogger for YEARS. I remember pushing them in it when they were as old as 6 and 4. I gave them each a sucker and I went out for my walk/jog [I had to walk if it was a hill.] for about 30-60 minutes. The weight DROPPED off of me. Not kidding. I JUST gave a really nice double jogger away [the Baby Jogger brand with the 20" wheels]. Damn. It would have been great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from SITS! This is a great idea! I'll start looking for a 5K in my area. May be a while for me, my hubby had a motorcycle accident and I am taking care of him right now.

    Glad you are getting more sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Co Connie!

    Which 5k are you doing?

    In the midwest, the weather will start changing soon, so I'm not sure there will be a 5k later this fall (giving me time to train). I'll need at least 9 weeks to train (again) using couch-to-5k. I've looked around, though.

    I found this iPhone app that helps with the c25k program if you're interested. Oh I wish I had an iPhone!

    I'll train alongside ya'll, just not sure there will be a 5K i can do. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, here's the link to the iPhone app:

    http://www.felttip.com/c25k/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! Well if this isn't oh so timely. I just ran my first 5k on Sat. Please let it count for this goal. I promise to do another one sometime :)

    I'll be posting about it tomorrow. I've grabbed the button. Let's get running!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a great idea! I look forward to hearing about your progress! :)

    (and I second the recommendation on a double jogger, it was a sanity saver for me!)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got an AWESOME double jogger off of Craig's list. The previous owner was an IronMan so it was well loved and had good vibes.

    Add me to the Bloggers on the Run! My HM is in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!