Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Week 24...Dark

Welcome to the 24 th (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last Week: 210 pounds
This week: 209 pounds

LOST....1 pounds


Okay....only lost ONE of those TOM pounds. I'm having some issues and I think they are sodium related. I'm working on eating more REAL food instead of processed and will see if that helps. I'm also trying to keep my sugar grams low. I posted on Monday that I was trying to stay until 15g. This is humanly impossible for me. I'm not going to shoot for 30g and work my way down. For example, I ate cereal this morning and I'm already up to 17g. I have to stop eating cereal. Let me tell you how helpful my Lose It iPhone application is for this....tells me exactly what is in my food. LOVE IT!

I'm having a really hard time with my exercise. It is too dark at 5:30am and I freak out easily and think there are scary people in vans down by the river waiting to kid nap me and take me to the Abbot cabin so they can turn me in to Victor Newman for a cool million. Wait...that's on Y&R...see how my imagination runs away with me?

I HAVE an elliptical machine in my basement but I don't feel like I get as good of a workout on it as I do walk/lumbering down the street. My husband suggested that I walk with the kids during the day...but they walk at a snails pace and stop to look at every bug, rock and leaf. At night, by the time I finish serving and cleaning up from dinner...I'm exhausted.

So...here is the NEW PLAN for Week 25:
Thursday: Walk at 6am @ track by my house.
Friday: Walk at 6am
Saturday: Off
Sunday: HIKE a trail by my house
Monday: Walk at 6am
Tuesday: Walk at 6am

Sugar grams under 30g
Sodium under 2400mg
More Water..less Dr Pepper
NO FAST FOOD

I liked walking at 5:30am because there is NO ONE out at that time. I worry about being hit by a car or something kidnapped so my new solution is to DRIVE to the track and walk my butt off.

Question of the Week: What are your successes this week?

Hmmm...I did walk ONE TIME. And when my husband brought me ice cream...I only had a small amount. Sorry, that's I've I've got!

Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love me some Dr. Pepper. That's the first thing I indulged in when I fell off the wagon!

    I know what you mean about the processed foods. If you find any good recipes for "real" stuff, let me know and I'll do the same, k?

    I can't believe you get up that early...I'm so not a morning person!

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it seems like you are not making as much progress as you think you should, but you are and you are an inspiration to the rest of us. I'm in your cheering section! YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I always give you my two cents, here it is for today..:)

    I have a problem with retaining water when I have too much sodium, and it's CRAZY how much sodium things have in them.

    So what I do is...I consume 2400 mg per day which seems hard at first, but it's not so bad. At night, I tend to crave something salty so I eat a 100-calorie pack of pringles which has 135 mg or so of sodium.

    I buy low sodium when there's an option for it, and on days that I want chinese food or teriyaki veggies, I accept that I'll retain water. I just keep the sodium down most of the time and definitely for 2 days before I step on the scale.

    And here's the other thing...I know it's boring to workout inside, but just do it anyway if that's the only option. It still feels better than doing nothing, right?

    You are a beautiful person! Keep going, and be proud of yourself for trying...keep it up friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there,

    Well done!! You're doing great.

    Hmmmm, now I'm craving Dr Pepper - luckily it is not an easy find at all in this country, if at all. LOL And a trip to the USA is out of the budget currently. ((grin))

    Recently I discovered Agave Nectar Sugar - Low GI and tastes fabulous - one small problem, is that it is a lot more expensive than normal sugar.

    Those early mornings are a killer but congrats on getting up and doing it. I hear you about safety and other concerns. The reason I cycle in the evenings and at the race track, which is thankfully not too far from home, is that it is safe. No road traffic, secure area and loads of other cyclists as well. :-)

    Oh and our kids sound about the same :-)

    Have a great week!!

    Mich
    South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit with Kenz: why not trying to workout at home during weekdays in winter when it's dark and do some outside walking/hiking in the weekends?

    It's getting dark earlier here too so as of October I'm only going to run 1 time on weekdays and search a route which has lights. Where I run now there are no lights at all.

    Good for you losing the pound! Keep it up.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same love/hate relationship with Mountain Dew :-) I do just fine without until someone buys it, then I can sit and seriously drink the entire "cube". Anyway, you are such an inspiration, and just remember, success is not always meausured in numbers. A month or so ago you posted a before and after picture (that showed definite improvement!), then you are learning all this stuff about yourself. Those are also successes. You are doing great, and will continue to succeed. You have to, because I enjoy reading about them each week, especially when I have had one of those bad weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get out and go! Excuses don't burn calories, moving does. And if somebody jumps out of a van, outrun their asses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laughed hysterically at the van down by the river comment...classic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello my friend!
    What a good plan you have! And I think sodium is a huge obstacle. I noticed that there is tons in almost everything I eat. So bad for us. I am trying to eat natural foods more - but it is hard because I am addicted to Baked Lays!

    Good luck this week!

    XOXO
    Jen

    PS - do you have one of those double jog strollers? When my oldest were little I had one and went running every morning with it. They liked being in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey you walked once instead of never and you were cognizant (is that a word) of what you were eating, so that is a milestone. try kashi cereals. they tend to be low in sugar and fat and taste pretty good too. or scrambled eggs. anyhow, don't forget to come check me out for SPEAKING FROM THE FRIDGE FRIDAYS at http://www.speakingfromthecrib.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!