Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 26...Biggest Loser is Back!

This blog post contains spoilers to The Biggest Loser Season 8. The name of the contestant that went home has been written in WHITE to conceal their identify.

Welcome to the 26 th (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last Week: 208 pounds
This week: 208 pounds

LOST....0 pounds

Did I tell you about the candy? Oh right...I did. F-ing candy. If I never see another Twix bar it will be too soon. And my husband's birthday is three days after mine so there was cake. Now there aren't any birthday's until March. Thank goodness!

Last Wednesday...I started the Couch to 5K program...and I had to restart it today because I didn't get a chance to run since then.  Okay...that's not true, I had a chance I just chose not to.  And I had to run last night when my sister's dog got out.  That is all about to change because my biggest motivation of all time just started last night!

It's on like Donkey Kong!

I love The Biggest Loser.  Watching that show every week keeps me motivated and I sometimes I learn something.  I love Jillian...she's my favorite!  But I would crap my pants if she were my trainer.  So...in addition to updating my progress each week, I'm also going to talk about the show.

My  favorite contestants....Tracey, Amanda, Rebecca, Abby and Liz.

I like Tracey because she's a homemaker and we have to stick together...plus, she has drive.  Unfortunately, she drove herself into the ground and spent the first week in the hospital.  I'm concerned because they never told us what was wrong with her.  Thanks to her teammate Couch MO...she got to stay.

I like Amanda because I voted for her to be on the show last season.  I think she has a good attitude but I wish she had been able to lose more this week.

I like Rebecca because she is cute and I liked her hair.

Abby....broke my heart.  I want to her to succeed sooo much.  She has an amazing attitude and spirit.  I love her already.

Liz...is the older lady of the group and I thought she looked MUCH older than 49.  I don't want to look like her when I'm 49 (in 10 years).  She is a wake up call to me.

In the end Alexandria went home and lost 60 pounds.  She talked about meeting someone at the ranch and being excited to get to know him.  Who could it be? She's only 20 so it's got to be either Antoine or Daniel. *The contestants name has been printed in WHITE so that those that haven't seen the show yet will not know who went home.


I announced my race schedule last week! Did you see it?  I'm being a little ambitious but I like to have goals.

P.S. My hubby left for work late this morning because he has a doctor's appointment to check his blood sugar levels.  (he was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in January 2008)  So I had a chance to talk to him and I talked him into doing a Biggest Loser Weight Loss Challenge with me!   YAY!

P.P.S.  Please go over to my friend Tricia's blog and support her quest to lose weight!  She working really hard on WW and needs some bloggy friends!

13 comments:

  1. How exciting about the weight loss challenge. I can't wait to read about it.

    Twix... yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so stoked BL is back. my son and i love that show and i can't wait for him to get home from school so i can watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also watch the show each week and LOVE it! I was so excited that it started last night! Congrats on sticking ot your goals, you'll do great with the C25K, I'm sure of it! Keep up the good work, and thanks for all of your encouraging words for me, we "weigh in" on the same day and I love reading your blog as soon as I return from my WW meeting :-) Any other support would be greatly appreciated as well from any of your followers **wink wink**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making me smile. I cracked and had a Bar One today - ssshhhh, don't tell a soul. :-)

    We rarely see BL here. Jillian would scare me as well as a trainer although I am disappointed in her 'supplements' - somehow would have thought she would be against such products. Oh well!!

    And don't worry - I think our scales are the best of friends and are plotting against us - little do they know that WE WILL WIN the WAR!!

    Now get going with that Couch to 5k thing. I rode 22km's (13.67 miles) this evening.

    Can't wait to hear more.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched it yet, but I am excited to! I heard there are some great people on there this time!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conny's got her groove back and is definitely back on track! You go girl!

    I want to watch biggest loser too but they don't air it here so I'm still searching the internet to watch it online, so far no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love Biggest Loser. Watched it last night and can't wait until the challenges really get going. Jillian is my favourite as well. I'm sure a trainer like that would scare me right down to my goal weight. As it is, I have to fight not to go to the fridge and eat ice cream while the show is on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the same Biggest Loser people as you. I'm really a fan of Abby and Rebecca. I'm gonna go check out your friends blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I was so into it last night too. It was soo good. I was also concerned about her and wanted them to tell us what was going on with her. I hope she's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed most of Biggest Loser last night, but I saw some and bawled over the car accident story. Im hoping they have the video online because I dont have dvr!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mojo's are probably drinking mojito's at the beach :lol:

    What do you say we'd joined them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched my FIRST BL ever this week (not by accident :) Im not a fan) and am 100% torn.

    I lovelove the contestants and am so very moved by their stories---but the safety of the show?
    the fact I feel they do not set the contestants up for success?

    Cant get behind it ---yet anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca reminds me of Amy... LOVE her hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!