Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 25...I love Sugar

Welcome to the 25 th (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last Week: 209 pounds
This week: 208 pounds

LOST....1 pounds


I'm slightly disappointed with that ONE pound but I'll take it. I can tell you right now why that is only ONE pound and it's my own fault. I ate Pizza last night. I forgot to take anything out for dinner and my husband told me to order a pizza. It's like the single worst thing I can eat. I pay for it for days!

The good news is that I've been exercising again. YAY! Altering my kids' nap schedule has been working and they have been sleep through the night! I'm also leaving for my run a little bit later so that it's not quite so dark. It was funny last week though...Friday morning, I left the house at 5:55am. It's a little under 1/2 miles to the track and I ran part of it so that I would get there quickly...then I started walking around the track (which is not lit) and came across one gal. As the sun came up and I could see my surroundings...I saw that there were 6 people there and we were all spaced out and never ran into each other. It was a little strange and felt like I was in a scary movie.

I'm working really hard to keep my sugar to 30g a day and my sodium to 2400mg. The sodium hasn't been that hard...but the sugar is killing me! I'm going to keep working at it because once I get my sugar under control...I'm going to work on my kids next! Which brings me to Amber's question of the week:

How are you being a healthy role model for your children?


I don't think I am yet. At the moment...I am working out before they get up for the day so they aren't seeing me exercise. I'm working on making better choices and eating small portions which my daughter already does but my son has a big appetite for a 3 year old. We have not been good about not giving them candy and ice cream. In fact, I think my son is craving sugar because he gets up in the middle of the night looking for stuff he isn't allowed to have all the time. Last night he was after a jar of tootsie rolls! Thank goodness for the Toddler Alarm we installed (my sister in the room under the kitchen). She put him back to bed for me. This sister-wife thing is working out GREAT!

Right now...I am working towards getting into shape so that I can be active with the kids so that they grow up with a childhood full of activity and fun. I don't want to raise sedentary people. I don't want them to end up like me....

I want to be off from a DIET before my daughter knows what's going on. I never want her to be on DIET. I just want my kids to be healthy and active...and happy!

Plan for week 26:

Wednesday: Couch 2 5K day one
Thursday: Lift Weights
Friday: Couch 2 5K day two
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Yoga
Monday: Couch 2 5K day three
Tuesday: Off


I almost forgot! I am issuing a challenge to help you get a jump start on the holiday eating! My friend Kara and I have formed a group called Bloggers on the Run! The challenge is to walk or run a 5k (or more) before December 1st. This is your chance to take personal responsibility for your health at a time when some of us fall into the couch and start eating all of their kids' halloween candy. Join the group by going to THIS POST leaving a comment, grab the button and start training. I'm going to do several races in Utah and Colorado and I'll be announcing them on FRIDAY! Do it for yourself, for your family and mostly do it for your country! We're all counting on you.....

Have a great day and don't forget to wear sunscreen, eat your vegetables, spay & neuter your pets and wash your hands.

11 comments:

  1. I think setting a good example for our kids is about all the small things they're picking up, things that you don't really pay attention to necessarily. You're paying more attention to what you eat, to the amount of exercise you get, to your fitness and body as a whole. That's what they're getting from you... or will get from you over time. Keep up the great work, Connie. You're making that assault on Onderland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I don't have children yet (part of the reason why I am getting in shape before having children) I totally agree with you. I don't want my children to see me struggle with weight and eating issues. I grew up watching my mom get mad at herself for eating something. On WW, we learn to eat what we love, but in moderation. It has been working thus far for me, and I look forward to being a great role model for my hypothetical children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie I'm so proud of you that you started exercising again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on excersing again, and the one pound is great!!!
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY - ONE LB LESS IS ONE LB LESS! i would take it and be happy with it! good job! keep on keepin on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exercise is essential, and if you're doing that then you're already tackling something big. Way to go you!

    You are being so hard on yourself..and though I don't have kids, I get it. If I have them, I want to be in great shape so we can have a great time.

    But it's okay to be happy with who you are because you're trying. And if your kids see that they'll admire it (eventually. hehe)

    Good luck in the coming week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great that you lost weight this week. ☺

    I belong to a very well known weekly weight loss group and we do not use the word ONLY in our weight loss journey unless it is for a gain. Any amount of weight loss is a big accomplishment because it takes alot of work. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good goals Connie. I love that Mommies on the Run - what a great idea. One pound is good. Do you weigh yourself at the same time every day? My weight goes up and down three pounds either way depending on the time of day or maybe my hormones? It's weird...

    Keep up the good work!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1lb is still a loss so dont be disappointed! You are still a role model because you are working on you and making yourself important, your kids will pick up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your 1 pound!!! A pound is awesome! I think you're definitely on the right path...we're all a work in progress right? That's why we're doing EM:MEs! :) I noticed C25K is part of your workout routine...me too! I'm just getting started, but I'm trying to be able to do a 5k in October! *fingers crossed*

    Hope you guys are having a great week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Hoo for the one pound! Pizza is my biggest weakness (next to Chick-Fil-A). HA!

    You're doing great - and way to get back on the exercise wagon. I have fallen off myself... and this week I've got to find it again and climb on. That's half the battle.

    Totally get what you mean about the kids... I've got two girls, and am hoping they never have to deal with the struggles I've had b/c I teach them to make better choices from the get-go. It's hard... but you're right, it's important.

    I'm way behind on my blogging... will have to catch up this week. Great post! Good luck this week. I'm so excited the Biggest Loser is back on Tuesday. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!