Monday, September 14, 2009

BOTR: My Races

I got so busy with celebrating my 39th birthday and my new early bedtime because I suddenly can't keep my eyes open past 9:45pm that I forgot to post about my races.  I feel really badly that I blew off the race I was going to do for my 39th birthday.  I just restarted my training so I decided my punishment...would be to run more races and to challenge myself when I can.

Just the fact that I'm doing the training and races in THE FALL/WINTER is a huge challenge for me.  I tend to hibernate and work on my winter fat to stay warm in Utah but this winter is going to be different!

Connie's Race Schedule:


October 11th ~ Run walk The Rocks 5k in Morrison Colorado


October 31st ~ Harvest Run 5K Wellsville Utah


November 26th ~ Anthem Turkey Day 5K Broomfield, Colorado

Speaking of my birthday...you will NOT believe what my family (husband and sister) got for me.  Me, the woman that has been busting her ass running on the track and cutting her sugar grams....


CANDY! 


Can you believe that?  Granted...it was my FAVORITE candy but I don't need it.  And I should have threw it all in the trash...but I didn't. 

7 comments:

  1. Holy running schedule Connie! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes good luck with the running...running scares me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running scares me too! But good luck with all those races... that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve a little candy on your birthday Connie. Don't forget - what you eat on your actual birthday DOES NOT COUNT :-)

    Good luck with your races! I have been bad lately - haven't been on my trail once in a week... It's too bad we don't live closer so we could go together -- it would make me go and we could protect each other when we walked/ran in the dark against any crazy psycho killers...

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of racing, girl!! You go. With a training schedule in place...have some candy. It's your birthday :)

    Happy, Happy Birthday!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your birthday!
    And I wouldn't have thrown the candy in the trash either :)

    Nice schedule for your runs! Remember: you won't be the only one running in winter: I'll be joining you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. running scares me too....Love your blog....Hope you will visit my new Christmas blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!