Friday, February 4, 2011

Detoxing is working!

I've been doing Suzanne Summers Detox this week and after only 4 days...I've lost 3 pounds.

I've been eating eggs and veggies (mushrooms, onions and tomatoes) for breakfast and then if I'm hungry..I have a piece of fruit 2 hours later.  But I haven't been hungry and eating the fruit messes up my lunch time schedule because I like to eat lunch while watching The Young and The Restless at 11am.

In the afternoon, I have been eating an apple or strawberries because I have a habit of eating around 3pm. I also want more coffee at this time but I'm trying to resist.  I didn't resist yesterday because it was snowing.

I love to sit with a cup of coffee and watch the snow fall.

Ahem...so for lunch, I've been making lettuce wraps. Hormel Natural Turkey (no preservatives or nitrates!), swiss cheese and avocado wrapped up in a big lettuce leaf.  On the side...snap peas and celery.

For dinner I've been having a 3 oz piece of meat (roast, chicken, pork) and a salad of romaine with a sprinkling crumbled blue cheese and died cranberries. I hope it warms up a little bit because I'm running out of grilled meat and I need to make some more.

Last night I had a glass of wine.  I miss wine.

I did cheat a little bit....I had half of a tortilla, a piece of toast and a glass of wine.  Not too bad!

Now...the good news. I've been feeling....better!  The fogginess has left, I have a little more energy and I've been sleeping better.

Now I just have to figure out how to incorporate some Veganish into this low carb plan.  They don't seem like they can really go together.

Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Great job!!!

    Trust me, I've been vegan....don't go there. Meatless days are fine but full out vegan made me sick and overly hormonal. If you do it, don't eat a lot of soy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't go together at all and like Barb says... watch the soy and estrogen imbalance. I am not big on fakin bacon products but my fave is soyrizo out of all of them. When I was a college jock I did a 30/40/30 meal plan as a lacto-ovo veg and even that was super hard (e.g. I had whey protein powder in EVERYTHING). I do wish you luck and speed as you find your dietary balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently all about the grain/legume combos (though not low carb). I like the real food approach and don't do protein powder or any of that silliness anymore. I have my fave grain/legume meal up on my blog with a template to get creative on your own too http://bodhibear.net/2011/01/southwest-quinoa-black-bean-salad/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to get back on the horse! We're going on vacation in three weeks and I haven't worked out consistently for about a month. Mama needs to do some pick-up-the-butt exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading one of the older Suzanne Sommers books and trying to get my hormones balanced via bio-identical hormones. 1st was estrogen started 3 months ago, then two weeks ago started thyroid replacement. I really don't feel better yet, but I'm still on board and still agree with Suzanne. Which book di you get the detox info from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it is helping you with sleep and energy, I might give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great success! I love the idea of lettuce wraps. Those sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it so great when your body says "thank you" by feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have eaten Vegan too and I don't feel sick or hormonal. I guess everyone is affected differently by the food they eat. Nice job - so the food you are "detoxing" from is gluten/carbs??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats awesome!
    I was going to go get Veganist tonight. But I am more interested in Suzanne Sommers program.
    What was the cost?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had the discipline to detox....

    so happy to have some blog reading time while we have been snowed in...which is rare in our state....

    Happy Saturday
    teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. I am new to your blog, and new to any kind of a diet at all. But lately I have been desparate to find something/anything that will help me to lose even 5-10 of the 20-25 lbs I need to lose. So, on the ravings of a friend of mine, I just started (on Day 4) the HCG diet (via drops). It is SUPER, SUPER hard for me, and I am questioning if it is worth it...I am not even feeling well on it...nauseated, dizzy, headaches, irritable, etc. Had read that this is one you tried in the past, and was wondering what your thoughts are on it??? Thanks, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Rebecca!

    I didn't do the drops...but I have friends that did and they had great success!

    Be advised that you have to be very careful what you eat after you do HCG because your metabolism will be different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks dude
    Breast Augmentations

    ReplyDelete
  15. I completely agree with you. I really like this article. It contains a lot of useful information. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.

    filler

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!