Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Good Choices

Okay.  I'm starting over...AGAIN!

I happened to wake up at 6am and without even thinking about it....I reached for my workout clothes and my shoes.

1.65 miles!



And I ran some of it.

Sweaty

I ate really well yesterday and I feel....thinner today.  It's kind of amazing how eating right makes you feel GOOD!

I have to rant for a minute. sigh

My husband (god love him) complains constantly about not feeling...well.  He is always saying that if he doesn't feel better by (insert day here) that he's going to the doctor.

He's been to the doctor a lot lately to talk to him about this symptom or the other.  He always thinks he has cancer.

Well...I then, try to improve things but cooking healthier and changing his eating habits.  And then he complains about the food I've cooked.  I made Watermelon Gazpacho last night and he complained that it was like eating salsa. I thought it was great!

I don't know what to do anymore.

All I know is....I can make good choices for ME and I'm on a roll!

4 comments:

  1. Yay Connie! You're awesome!

    One big thing I've learned about living a healthy lifestyle is that you can't force anyone into it (including yourself!). Either they want to, or they don't. So you can only work on yourself and of course take what you've learned to provide Alex and Mallory with good healthy lifestyle skills for when they're adults. Don't beat yourself up about iKeith, something will eventually click for him too!


    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! He needs to remember how much better he felt when you guys were doing the Bob Greene deal.

    Maybe you could make him read Why We Get Fat (and What To Do About It) by Gary Taubes. I bet iKeith would love all the science in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!

    My hubby does not diet. He's fit and healthy and refuses to eat any kind of diet or healthy food. Since I've joined WW recently it's been a struggle but I'm determined to not give up and do what I need to do to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless he wants to do the cooking I suggest he stops complaining! My husband doesn't always like my "health" food, but he is very supportive and never complains - when we go out he eats whatever he pleases. He knows he is being healthier too. Good for you Connie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!