Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gluten Withdrawals....

I was doing great yesterday until 2:26pm.

It was like a switch was thrown and suddenly....I was uncomfortable, the world was much too loud and I thought I was losing my mind.

My kids voices were amplified, my apartment was sweltering and I couldn't stop bitching about it on twitter.

I wanted to injure the weatherman who lied to me about rain and I wanted the guy building a gazebo outside to stop the impossible hammering immediately!

I just wanted to curl up in a ball.

Making dinner was....challenging.  It was hot and my daughter wanted to help....oh and now I had a headache.

Finally...at 8:30pm, I curled up in bed and went to sleep.  Finally...relief.

This morning...I feel much better.  My husband cautiously approached me and asked if I was okay.  Apparently, he looked up GLUTEN WITHDRAWALS last night and read that it's similar to the withdrawals of a drug addict.  Same neurotransmitters are effected.  He was considering tying me to the bed.  Silly man!

The dinner that I made last night was great and my husband even said he loved it.  I might be able to convert him afterall!  Portobello Burger with Egg recipe.

Burger and Egg on Portobello

1 comment:

  1. I saw this on your foodie blog - I'm not a mushroom eater so I'm afraid I wouldn't enjoy it.

    Uh oh - maybe I'll have to actually start trying things if I'm going to switch to The Paleo Diet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!