Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paleo: Week One Results

Starting Weight:  213.5
1st Weight In:      210.4
LOSS:                     3.1 pounds

I was down 4.1 pounds before TOM arrived. I'm up one pound but I know that it's bloat because yesterday was a little bit of a rough day. I keep forgetting that day two is always worse than day one.

I was craving sugar yesterday and vegetables sounded terrible so I just ate fruit and protein. I resisted!!

Feeling much better today and expect to be back on track!

For dinner last night...we ate chicken breasts that I'd marinated in curry powder and coconut milk.  It was soooo good! This will be a weekly recipe for us and now I just need to find a veggie that would complement it well.  Maybe Sweet Potato?

6 comments:

  1. Here I am to cheer you on, bunny rabbit! : ) I like green peas with chicken curry [the sweet is a nice balance], also a simple crunchy green salad, or chopped/sliced cucumbers in yogurt or with just salt and pepper.

    Take care of yourself! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats on the loss Connie, that's great! I was hammering my brain last night for paleo friendly sides to go with chicken breast when I was grocery shopping last night, I ended up just buying a couple of bags of frozen veggies and I'll top it off with a fruit of some sort.

    I don't know, I'm such a plain Jane when it comes to food, I have a hard time going outside of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss, esp during TOM!

    If you like peppers and onions, you can reserve half of your marinade and simmer them in it. Adding pineapple and basil are another nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's AWESOME! Cauliflower is a great Indian side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the loss! Mmm sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay - seeing the progress on the scale can be so motivating!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!