Sunday, January 20, 2013

I Can Afford Watermelon

I stood in the produce section looking at the beautiful little watermelons with the $5.99 price tag.  My kids love watermelon and they think it's only for summer.  I hesitated because of the price but decided I wanted to blow their little minds.

Then I had an(other) Ah-Ha moment.

I'm not buying junk for my kids anymore.  The price of one of these sweet luscious watermelons is the same price as two bags of potato chips. I can afford watermelon!



We ate it for dessert and the kids were so happy, excited and full.   Watermelon is also filling!

I went to a cooking class at Whole Foods this weekend and I learned to make two meatless recipes.  I can't wait to make this for my family and add them to our regular menu.  Click here to see the recipes.


3 comments:

  1. Yea!!!!! I love blowing my kid's minds with out of season fruit when I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true, I had one of those moments this weekend too. But decided it was sooo worth it to spend the extra on the healthy snacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! I must do this too good idea Connie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!