Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vow of Sobriety



Let's go over last week's goals and see how I did.

Goals for Week Four:
  • Drink More Water! FAIL
  • Avoid Sugar YES!
  • Exercise 3 times (figure out the BEST time of day) Only once
  • Limit wine to twice a week  YES
  • Write in my food journal This needs some work

Bummer.  My daughter fell ill on Tuesday afternoon and was sick until Saturday.  TOM was with us all week too so things didn't go according to plan.  However, I lost the .8 that showed up last week and I refrained from eating tons of sugar while I was incapacitated.

Starting weight:     211.6
Last week:              209.8 (+  .8 pounds)
This week:               209    (-  .8 pounds)
LOSS:                    -2.6 pounds

I think I've discovered that working out first thing in the morning is best for me.  If I try to wait until my family leaves for work and school...I get wrapped up in my computer doing other things and I don't get it done.

I also desperately need to write in my food journal every single day!

My dear friend Heather is doing hCG again this month so to support her,  I've taken a vow of sobriety for the month of February.

Goals for Week Five:
  • Drink More Water!
  • No Wine/Beer/Vodka
  • Exercise 4 Times (even if it's just dancing for 10 minutes)
  • Write in my food journal
You can see my weekly menu plan here.

Linking up with The Java Mama for The Biggest Loser.  I've met some great gals that are working hard to drop some pounds and get healthy!

TheJavaMama

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree on the exercise. First thing is the best way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That will be tough to go without wine during the month of Valentine romance, chocolates, etc! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss!! My son came down sick on Friday so I totally know how you feel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your loss! I've switched from drinking a ton of soda over to decaf tea with splenda. It's hard to switch completely over to water or maybe it is just me. Idk. I enjoy reading your blog. Keep going. I'm there right with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember - baby steps. I see where you are on MFP....let's be friends - I can always use more support

    sylwheat(MFP)

    XO Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way with my workout time. Thankfully my gym only has child care from 9-11. That means I have to get there to get it in or it doesn't happen. Good job on the weight loss. I bet next weeks number will be high since you have more restrictions. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with ya on the drinking water. I usually have to mix it up with something low calorie. But really need to work on that. 2.6 lbs is amazing! Seriously!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!