Thursday, January 3, 2013

Release

Sometimes I feel like I need a psychiatrist.  Wait....is that who you go to when you're crazy pants?

I feel like my brain is the one that keeps me from breaking old habits and making new healthy ones.   I want to know why I do the things that I do and why I can't seem to stop doing them.  I've got the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other and that devil kicks the angels ass all the time.

It's probably terrible parenting but we tell our kids that things are all in their heads.  You really don't like potatoes?  Even though you haven't tasted one yet?  It's all in your head, you've convinced yourself that you don't like that potato.  But you don't know....

I don't really need sugar.....or wine, but my brain thinks that I do and talks me into it.

I've got to find a way to override the system.


"You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, 'I release the need for this in my life." - Wayne Dyer



I release the need for sugar and alcohol in my life.  I don't need it and it's not good for me.  I can live without it and I'll be healthier without it.  My kids don't need it either.

Today is another day.  Another day to do my very best and resist the devil.

Lord help me.

5 comments:

  1. Commit to no sugar/no wine until V-Day with me. Then you can have them both again with me on March 5th since I'm turning 40 and it is a day that calories don't count. HA!

    Part of why HCG worked for both of us is that it is long stretch of time of no sugar/booze. Our metabolisms can't handle weekly cheats but we can surely work in a monthly one, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote! Sugar is my downfall too. Do we really believe the folks who say that the longer you go without it, the less you crave it?

    We can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the best Connie. If you are cutting out all processed foods/sugar, don't forget your body detoxes on Day 3, it's a miserable day, and once you get over that hump it does get easier. IT DOES, I promise. Dates are a really great natural sugar replacement to snack on if you just can't handle the cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard, and MANY of us struggle with it. We are trying just to not drink on week nights right now and even that is tough!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I boy do I hear you! I keep thinking they say it takes 21 days for a new habit to set in, but I need to get past like 2 or 3 first. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!