Tuesday, January 1, 2013

No More Walking in Place

My meeting with my new health coach went well.  We talked about what I've done to lose weight....what has worked and what hasn't.  We talked about sugar addiction and the fact that I hide candy in my kitchen.  (bad connie)

The changes that I'm about to make in my home have been coming for a while.  We've been taking baby steps for several years but it's time to take big steps and finally move forward.

We're kind of walking in place right now and that's not doing anyone any good.

We're going to be working with Leslie Gail from New Life Focus and we've signed up for 3 months of support, recipes and accountability.  

I say WE because I'm dragging my husband and children along on this journey with me.  This is a group effort and I'm determined to succeed!

One of the main reasons for these changes is that I want my husband to live for a long time. He's going to be 50 this year and we have small children; I want him to be around to see them grow into awesome people.

I have a friend on twitter that just lost her husband two weeks ago.  He was 44 and he died of a heart attack.  This scares the hell out of me!  I'll do anything...including eat tons of spinach and kale, to keep my husband alive longer. 

Even though he yelled at me at The Container Store the other day and I threatened to kick his ass....I love him very much and I need him around.

Goals for January:
  • Lose 8 pounds.  
  • No candy/cookies/soda in my house.
  • STOP HIDING SWEETS!
  • Begin an exercise program.  Put in on the calendar!
  • Make healthier meals.
  • Research:  Low-fat Mexican Meals

Starting weight: 211.6 (dang you Christmas)
January weight: 208.6 (-3 pounds)
February weight:
March weight:
Total Lost:


Goals for 2013:

Lose 25 pounds and not find them again.
Run the 5K at school.
Exercise 5 days a week.
Take a real yoga class.
Get a Physical. (it's been 4 years) DONE January 2013
Get a Mammogram.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you hired a health coach! How did you find her? I've told Craig for years that the main reason I would see a psychologist (at least right now) is to lose weight. I have ZERO accountability!

    Before we got married, I lost 28 lbs. The seamstress kept having to take in the dress and 2 weeks before the wedding she told me I had to PUT ON weight b/c she wasn't altering my dress for a 6th time. Back then I saw a nutritionist. Not wanting to disappoint her was the main reason I was able to lose the weight. I wanted her to feel good about herself and her job...isn't that funny? I think I was down to like 160lbs. CRAZY.

    I can't wait to follow you on this journey and be your #1 Cheerleader!

    You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!! Oh, and if you find a good kale recipe, let me know. I love it out at Whole Foods/restaurants but I can't cook it without that bitter taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you in all your goals! My best advice is to start with one small goal at a time. You'll gain confidence with each and every goal you crush. Cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have this hear! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Connie!! I think it's awesome that you are doing this as a family. My husband and I started last January with a diet and exercising more, and I was hoping to lose 15 pounds or so. I am now down 40 pounds and eating what I want! I am smaller than I have ever been (since high school) and it feels awesome. My favorite part is feeling like I look good in any clothes. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe, so that fun too! I am only telling you these things so you can see what you have to look forward to. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!