Monday, August 31, 2009

Deep Thoughts:

I got an email from Oprah this morning. Although I'm often irritated with her lately (her shows aren't as good as they used to be and she made Mom's that blog look stupid) I still like to get her daily emails because there is some good info in there.

Today's email was about Motivation. We all know that I'm in desperate need of motivation and I'm struggling to get back on my track. At this point I can't even SEE the track. But I'm looking for it.

I talked last week about a couple things that I have to look forward to that should be motivating me to get my butt moving. Oprah just gave me a couple more things.

Exercising wards off Alzheimers.
This is an important one for me because if I lose my cognitive skills my husband is in really big trouble. This poor man as the memory of an gnat and I am constant having to remind him or things and find his stuff.
Exercising boosts your energy.
Again, I need more of THAT! I have Irish Twins (2 kids born in the same year) that are 2 and 3 and they run me ragged! I'm often so tired that I just let them do what they want because I'm too tired to stop them.
Exercising slows aging.
Not only do I feel old right now...I look older too. 10 years ago people were mistaking me for a 20 year old. Now I completely look my age and it's started to trouble me. And my recent skin cancer diagnose doesn't help. I want to look younger! Also learned a tip from The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Vaseline. On your face. No wrinkles!
Exercising helps manage menopause!
This is one of the reasons that I started all of this working out business. I know it's coming. THE CHANGE! I'm already getting the hot flashes and hormone swings. Once my metabolism shuts down...I'm screwed! I have to get this all under control before the big M hits.....
Exercising reduces the need for drug treatment.
This is a pet peeve of mine. I hate how doctors always want to throw DRUGS at a problem. My husband is a hypochondriac and at one time he was one 3 different drugs for things that I didn't really think were a problem he couldn't solve with some exercise and healthy food choices. And guess what? I was right. He is no longer on them...plus, they made him feel like shit! When I have an issue...I always try an herb remedy first.
*********

I'm challenging myself to stay under 15g of sugar today! I'm got my handy Lose It iPhone App out and planning my meals for the day. I hope I can do it!

9 comments:

  1. WE CAN DO THIS! we feel so much better when we exercise! here is a way i trick myself - i say that i only have to do five minutes on the treadmill. that is IT and if after five minutes i am done, then i get off, but chances are once you are on it, you'll do a full 30 minutes. it is just getting started that is the hardest. now where are my twinkies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, 15 grams - good luck! I want to know why it's so hard to eat healthy and exercise? I KNOW why - we're programmed to store fat & eat when food is around so when famine comes our babies don't starve - but someone tell my butt that this is the 21st century, please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure you can do it with the sugar because your a strong, caring, independent woman who doesn't need the sugar!

    I'm going to check out Oprah's for the newsletter.

    And good for you that you went walking today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, used to get those emails from Opie. Well, I guess I still do, I just have an Outlook rule set to send them straight to the delete bin b/c they bugged me and were just clogging up my inbox.

    Henceforth, I will rely on you to keep me sufficiently informed of good stuff she sends out :)

    Thanks for sharing this good info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait 2 kids in one year...Im hyperventilating...cant breathe. Seriously mine are almost 6 years apart and some days I feel like Im going insane...not sure how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Connie, I am glad that you visited my site, suggested by one of my greatest friends, Shanna. It is very new and I didn't have such a great day today, but blogs like yours are extremely motivating. I will definitely follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let us know how you do. I am in the process of decided an exercise routine to start. Considering going back to yoga and pilates. They were beneficial in more ways than one when I did them on a regular basis.

    Also reading two books with somewhat similar messages: Skinny Bitch is a straight forward book about weight loss. I was unaware at the time that it was about the importance of consuming a vegan diet. Even though I do not see me going this crazy the book still has a good message. The other book is The Best Life Diet. I'll let you know how I like this one once I get into it more.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck. It is so hard for me to give sugar up - I have tried a few times.

    And I am still coveting your iphone. Lucky girl!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you do it? Stay motivated, Connie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!