Thursday, March 3, 2011

When Husband's Lose Weight

My husband announced as he was walking out the door for work this morning that he's lost 5 pounds.  I'd love to know exactly how this has happened because he's been prowling through the cupboards most nights after I've served him a nicely balanced, adequately portioned meal.

He's not been to the gym in two weeks.

Last night, he ate a half a stick of butter on several pieces of toast.

How on earth is HE losing weight?

****

Two nights ago...I served Quinoa instead of rice.  I'd eaten it several months ago and liked and kept hearing about it.  It's gluten free and I wanted to experiment serving it to my husband.  He has type 2 diabetes and his blood sugar levels have been all over the place.

2 hours after eating the Quinoa...his blood sugars were 30 points lower than most evenings.  And he liked it.  We'll be eating more...especially if it's responsible for his weight loss.

Bad news...kids' wouldn't touch it.

********

I've been drinking tons of water today to flush out all my bad eating on Wednesday.  I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I don't like PB&J.  I don't know what I was thinking.

I also haven't been to the gym.  Sickness has struck my house for the 4th week in a row.  I'm about to quarantine myself at a 4 star hotel with a spa and room service.

2 comments:

  1. It is way too easy for men to lose weight!! Seems like they barely have to deprive themselves to see results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men and their weight loss just isn't fair. They have much more muscle and no hormonal issues.

    Get him on low carb and ditch that diabetes for life! Easier said than done, I know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!